Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK1 mm L/18 review & opinions

I found on a site this the piece.
    IMO this the piece not the ordinary frame & inner core got it.
    the inner core made by brass .
    the rear side mm and the pin & hook look like good

What do you think about it ?
    Attached Files

the rear side
    Attached Files

Comment

In my opinion it seems a tad controversial. The reverse setup looks good, but we are all familiar with the 333's and the frame and core look like 333 parts.
      It for sure isn't to my collection as I will always have doubt regarding this cross type.

Comment

Hí Dansson
        I totally agree with you,but interesting ,because I've never met before such type back plate solution .
        IMO this the back plate original and the inner core not magnetic ,and it is possible that Stefan is right ?

here is the link about EK1 DNA:

http://www.ek1-dna.de/bernard-heinri...pforzheim.html

Originally posted by Dansson View Post
        In my opinion it seems a tad controversial. The reverse setup looks good, but we are all familiar with the 333's and the frame and core look like 333 parts.
        It for sure isn't to my collection as I will always have doubt regarding this cross type.

Comment

Originally posted by sanya13 View Post

We have encountered Frankensteins before. L15 marked Orth crosses for example...

The 333 fake is famous, and the frame is 333 fake frame on this cross with the saw teeth beadings I have very mixed feelings about it.

I find these pieces controversial, and I haven't really seen evidence to support these originality. It's more the other way around, that the 333 fakes begun to pop up in France in the 1970's and 80's with fake ribbons in the left fold packets, besides the weird markings found on these such as 333, 666 and 999.

There's a good thread around the forum where I myself contributed against the originality of the 333's, it could perhaps be linked here as the subject is quite well discussed in it if my memory serves me well. If I recall correctly it's a several page long thread.

Comment

Here is the thread. It's a lot of arguing and thoughts, but it does reveal their origin and when they begun to show up. The discoveries point at direction fake, and the attempts to prove it's originality have failed in this thread in my opinion as no valid point or evidence was shown.

I'm ready to listen naturally when someone has something new to present about the subject, but until that I will consider these fake!

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light=333+fake

Comment

This cross has been discussed dozens of times and no one seems to agree.

To me, it's a postwar parts cross, i.e. a fake.
              Best regards,
              Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

I had a look at this one to that previous thread .
                A general look at them they seam to be the same --> But they are not !!!

Scary- deadly scary close -- but both frames are not from the same die or even same master !
                They are different and I made a comparison - Note the bead count !

The question : Could one be good ???

Douglas
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
                  This cross has been discussed dozens of times and no one seems to agree.
                  Yeah, this is true.

Comment

Thanks for the opinion and Thanks Douglas you are good as always

Comment

The 333 uses two different frames.

This type has truly been discussed ad nauseum.

If you are interested in further study please check some of these threads or search "333 Mayer": 1, 2, 3, 4.

Barring any new information, I seriously doubt anyone's opinion will change.

Mayer is known to have manufactured after the war. This is postwar in my opinion.
                      Best regards,
                      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

IMO it is a good cross.
                        http://www.ek1-dna.de/l-18-bernard-h...pforzheim.html

as you can see this Frame-Type is available with two different pinsetups, build with authentic parts, in different qualities frosted and unfrosted.

Same here, there are also EK2 version!!!
                        http://www.ek2-dna.de/l-18-bernhard-...forzheim-.html

The is not the finger print of a simple fake! It is also not the intense to create differnet Quality Levels, even use EK2 sometimes marked L/18 and sometimes marked 333! The faker must be stupid to do so!!!

Please be more realistic and don't judge too fast, without ask your self what is the target of a faker! Produce fakes with only one tool set, to make as much as possilbe profit.

When I would produce EK2 and have to choose if I should use the maker mark L/18 or 333. I know what I would choose. If I would produce the L/18 EK1 second frame, I would not got for two different Quality Levels (frosted an unfrosted) even than I would not use two different pinsetups! Never lesse BHM has 3 different frame types!

What you see is only an evaluation of an auhtentic BHM EK1!

See early frames from BHM marked with 800, without using silver as material!
                        Traded from Sedlatzek

http://www.ek1-dna.de/friedrich-sedlatzek,-berlin.html

Comment

Originally posted by 5tefan View Post
                          IMO it is a good cross.
                          http://www.ek1-dna.de/l-18-bernard-h...pforzheim.html

as you can see this Frame-Type is available with two different pinsetups, build with authentic parts, in different qualities frosted and unfrosted.

Same here, there are also EK2 version!!!
                          http://www.ek2-dna.de/l-18-bernhard-...forzheim-.html

The is not the finger print of a simple fake! It is also not the intense to create differnet Quality Levels, even use EK2 sometimes marked L/18 and sometimes marked 333! The faker must be stupid to do so!!!

Please be more realistic and don't judge too fast, without ask your self what is the target of a faker! Produce fakes with only one tool set, to make as much as possilbe profit.

When I would produce EK2 and have to choose if I should use the maker mark L/18 or 333. I know what I would choose. If I would produce the L/18 EK1 second frame, I would not got for two different Quality Levels (frosted an unfrosted) even than I would not use two different pinsetups! Never lesse BHM has 3 different frame types!

What you see is only an evaluation of an auhtentic BHM EK1!

See early frames from BHM marked with 800, without using silver as material!
                          Traded from Sedlatzek

http://www.ek1-dna.de/friedrich-sedlatzek,-berlin.html
                          Wake up and learn to read EK's and understand EK's.

The finger print or DNA of the design will be the key!

I know, there will be some People who will not understand my Arguments.

But this time, I'll be coole and see no need to convince some of the people who fixed allready there decision!
                          Last edited by 5tefan; 09-13-2017, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
                            The 333 uses two different frames.

This type has truly been discussed ad nauseum.

If you are interested in further study please check some of these threads or search "333 Mayer": 1, 2, 3, 4.

Barring any new information, I seriously doubt anyone's opinion will change.

Mayer is known to have manufactured after the war. This is postwar in my opinion.
                            I agree with Trevor.
                            This type of frame indicates likely postwar origin. IMO.

Regards
                            Jarek

Comment

Originally posted by boch_62 View Post
                              I agree with Trevor.
                              This type of frame indicates likely postwar origin. IMO.

Regards
                              Jarek

Jarek,

I know you do always ignore my opinion.
                              So that is why I do the same

Your opinion is most without any own arguments.
                              So far I could see only some arguments about EK2, maybe that is your main item,
                              but on the EK1 sector I would like to see more argumentation or your own opinion from your side!
                              Last edited by 5tefan; 09-14-2017, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X