Knight's cross ribbon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knight's cross ribbon

This knight's cross ribbon have 23 white threads. I am not sure if this is a pre 45 ribbon, a 57 type ribbon or just a new reproduction.

I was also wondering what the differences between a pre 45 ribbon and a 57 type ribbon are?

Any opinions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dwight
    Attached Files

Knight's cross ribbon

Any comments would be much appreciated!

The ribbon does not glow under uv light and it is 45mm wide. The ribbon has "humps" on the edges and is quite stiff.

Thanks,

Dwight

Comment

I don't like the edges on this one and the folding in the middle looks very artificial.

Comment

Knight's cross ribbon

Many thanks for your answer! To me the ribbon looks to have been used for display purposes.

Comment

Any possibility we can see the backside of the ribbon, especially the center section?

Comment

Knight's cross ribbon

I would gladly have posted a picture of the backside of the ribbon but I am not at home at the moment. When it comes to the folding in the middle, I now recall that there was a single sewing thread "bringing" the two edges of the ribbon closer together. The sewing thread was however broken and I therefore removed it. As I have mentioned before the ribbon is also quite stiff, so even with the sewing thread gone the shape of the middle of the ribbon remains.

I will post pictures of the backside of the ribbon when I get back home from my vacation!

Again thanks,

Dwight

Comment

It took me a very long time to get back to this thread. Sorry for that!

Here are however some more pictures of the ribbon. I also remembered wrong when I said that the sewing thread that was "bringing" the two edges of the ribbon closer together was broken. The thread is still there.

The ribbon came with a set of S&L post war oakleaves and a S&L post war B-type KC. The thread regarding the cross and the oakleaves can be found here:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=795330
              Attached Files

Comment

Some more pictures.
                Attached Files

Comment

'57 ribbon

Comment

Comment

Many thanks for the comments Harry and Tom!

Would it be possible elaborate what makes this ribbon a '57? Is it the weave pattern, the colours or the number of white threads? Or something else?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X