GermanMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STEP BY STEP FROM A DRAFT TO FINAL IRON CROSS - Excursion in the Deschler&Sohn Munich

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for a wonderful and very informative thread ........a picture speaks a thousand words.

Rene Chavez
    www.foreignvolunteerlegion.com

Comment

Great, very interesting !! Thanks

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Interesting and enjoyable thread

Comment

Just for the record: Situation as of July 2010.
          Attached Files

Comment

Stunning thread!!!! Well done Miro
            Sad to see the Deschler building went down...

Comment

Originally posted by WenRan View Post
              Stunning thread!!!! Well done Miro
              Sad to see the Deschler building went down...
              Yes, new owner decided to built a hotel there. Deschler company still exists, just moved to another place. Now they are oriented mostly on production of sport trophies and badges, their big customer is for example FC Bayern Munich.

Comment

Originally posted by Miro O View Post
                Just for the record: Situation as of July 2010.
                Great thread and very sad the outcome of the building...history little by little is turning in dust

Comment

Nicely done Miro.
                  Great thread.

Comment

Great tread Miro
                    It much reminds me of the place where I took my education as goldsmith. That company had its 125 anniversary when I was there, so many of the tools dated a long time back

MFG
                    Marc

Comment

Thanks Greg, Marc and Sunny!

Originally posted by unimarc View Post
                      It much reminds me of the place where I took my education as goldsmith. That company had its 125 anniversary when I was there, so many of the tools dated a long time back

Had to be really great experience. To me it reminds the years when I was working as journalist and copywriter. Many times did similar company presentations like this for local newspapers. First I visited the factory to arrange the photo term date - and when I came back in a few days with photographer - I couldn´t believe my eyes. Some magic wand changed the dirty rooms to perfectly cleaned interior, where everything had its order. All guys came to work "by chance" shaved and in snow white coats, girls took their best clothes with fresh haircut as well as perfect make up and the chief was pouring positive energy to all sides...

I enjoyed this level of the Deschler presentation as well (though it had nothing to do with crosses). It was really funny to see that also 80 years before, all guys came to Deschler factory shaved that day and all girls looked like they were about to enter the ball (check the mum in post Nr. 22 - step 25. She is baking iron cores with perfect hairdo, decent make up and long earrings, haha).

And I laughed at the fact, that also 80 years before there was some man who hated all that comedy as he hated everything what derailed him from everyday routine. His bad day started with wife´s effort to make some hairstyle on his usually disorganised head. But that bloody hair kept in form only until it was wet. He had to wear the tie and snow white shirt, which he normally takes only to the church. He felt very uncomfortable, like strangled porcupine, and only the presence of the chief behind his back persuaded him to withstand "the odds". (I mean the poor engraver in post Nr. 9 - step 11)

History repeats itself...
                      Last edited by Miro O; 11-30-2016, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Very interesting

This is very interesting and useful information. Many thanks for sharing.

Comment

Great educational thread, thank you for posting

Comment

Great thread that lays waste to the collector idea that a faker could get a hold of original dies and somehow replicate all these processes and steps to recreate crosses the same as ones made during the war.
                            Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X