oorlogsspullen

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STEP BY STEP FROM A DRAFT TO FINAL IRON CROSS - Excursion in the Deschler&Sohn Munich

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VII. THE OUTPUT CONTROL AND PACKAGING

51. Output "meticulous" control with a strong emphasis on flawless and perfect execution - is the last step before packaging. Left: company owner Heinrich Kainz Senior.
    Attached Files

Comment

52. Iron Cross II. class, together with ribbon, is inserted into the bag. The inscription on the bag: Iron Cross / 2nd Class / 1939. In the foreground, cut ribbons are visible. These were first supplied by company Carl Knobloch, Berlin, later by the Münchner Bandweberei Carl Loy.
      Attached Files

Comment

53. A careful look must be given even at the last step - packaging. This basic rule made a name Deschler & Sohn big and keep it great. In the foreground, we can see individual packaging of Iron Crosses consisting of eight pieces in each package.
        Attached Files

Comment

54. And here it is: Final Iron Cross 2nd class 1939 by Deschler & Sohn.
          Attached Files

Comment

THE END

55. All credits to unknown member of Fisherman Club, society of Czech militaria collectors, who made this presentation possible by scanning the photos from period German journal and translating the text to Czech language.

Despite of all his effort, he did some mistakes, which I tried to find and correct as much as possible (see the notes). I did my best to translate the captions, as it is quite difficult text with many technical terms. When I am not sure with correct word used, the alternative is added into brackets. Intertitles and numbering the captions were added by me for better orientation in presentation.

Note for the moderator: maybe it would be good if posts of other users which were made while I was uploading the presentation could be moved up or removed to keep the presentation solid and undisturbed. Thanks to all who already posted, but I hope you understand this request.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Miro O; 04-24-2016, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Great tread and awesome Pictures

Br Bob

Comment

I agree. Excellent thread Miro. Very enlightening.

Comment

Very nice work amazing photos !

Comment

this thread itself deserves an EK!
                    great work

Comment

Very interesting, thanks for posting it.
                      http://griffinmilitaria.com/

sigpic

Comment

Excellent

Comment

Interesting article, well done Miro
                          This has content for pinned article, as it explains the procedure of making an Iron Cross clearly and just by redirecting people to this article could also save time and energy of many.

Best regards,
                          Daniel

Comment

Amazing presentation .the scheer amount of machinery and manpower that went into making just one iron cross makes one appreciate them even more .

Comment

Very, very nice!

Comment

Very interesting, enjoyed reading the whole thread

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X