• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very informative thread.
    www.lakesidetrader.com

sigpic

Comment

Hi! Avenger. I saw your post on this EK1 regarding vaulting for this Fritz Zimmermann Iron Cross 1st class
      I think ALL of them are wrong!
      And that you are right about this EK1.
      i have one exactly the same in 15 years of my collections.
      I will show everyone the same cross which you had in your collection by tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by sengchee View Post
        Hi! Avenger. I saw your post on this EK1 regarding vaulting for this Fritz Zimmermann Iron Cross 1st class
        I think ALL of them are wrong!
        And that you are right about this EK1.
        i have one exactly the same in 15 years of my collections.
        I will show everyone the same cross which you had in your collection by tomorrow afternoon.
        All of us are wrong about what? That it's nice? A Fritz Zimmerman? Hand vaulted? Original? Help us out here.......????

best
        H
        Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
        ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Wrong about what? Hand vaulting!
          Do you know how difficult to bend an EK1 by hand for ALL the 4 Axis to be of uniformity standards ? ?? ?
          In my opinion, no way!
          From the technical point of view, I think it is done with a machine prior before the cross was made.
          I believe the firm Fritz Zimmermann is one of the many firms that made convex crosses prior to the war years.
          ​​​​​​
          The following are the illustrations of my Fritz Zimmermann EK1 which is exactly the same cross which Avenger has owned!
          On some of this cross,
          1. you can't find any traces of "LIFTINGS" on ALL 4 corners adjacent to the Swastika.
          2. The obverse of the Iron core black paint has no fleaking to it and so is the reverse of the frosted silver finish.
          3. The 4 intersecting corners which are soldered together are very neat with no "Gaps" revealed.
          Only a machine could have produce such neat works.

Finally, I hope I can shed some lights and discussions on this topic for Convex EK1.
          The research info. on vaulted EK1 is so limited!
          And examples of such crosses are rather hard to find nowadays unless a collector from some where in this planet earth is willing to share in this forum.
          What do you all think?
          I welcome feedbacks and criticism.

Comment

IMG_20200720_031404.jpg IMG_20200720_031426.jpg
            Attached Files

Comment

IMG_20200720_013317.jpg

Comment

There were no "Liftings" on ALL 4 corners adjacent to the Swastika.
                Attached Files

Comment

Reverse side - Uniform vaulting on ALL 4 axis of the cross.
                  Attached Files

Comment

und jetzt....

Comment

The 4 intersecting corners where the ends meet. No Gaps in between.

IMG_20200720_033444.jpg IMG_20200720_033507.jpg
                      Attached Files

Comment

IMG_20200720_033819.jpg IMG_20200720_034006.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Eklipse View Post
                          Your iron cross seems nicely hand vaulted. Only very early pieces was factory vaulted (the whole cross is convex, so the four sides are curved) , later it was forbidden to the makers... but to hand vault remained as a common practice. In my opinion, hand vaulting if properly done does not add o retract value to the piece (sometimes it's more nice), but improperly done can devalue it.
                          I don't think this is hand vault. I have such similar cross from the same manufacturer - "6" Fritz Zimmermann.
                          Please look at my post.

Comment

That 6. EK1 is hand certainly vaulted .... just in this case it is minor vaulting so the seams have not split yet . !

Douglas

Comment

I have to agree with Douglas 5, hand vaulted, nicely done!

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas 5 View Post
                                That 6. EK1 is hand certainly vaulted .... just in this case it is minor vaulting so the seams have not split yet . !

Douglas
                                So if you insist that your theory is correct, don't tell me 2 soldiers vault their crosses so accurately on all 4 Axis at the same time?
                                I suggest you studied the pictures carefully.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X