Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ritterkreuz with Swords and CCCiG Award

Hi again.
    I recently inquired about a Ritterkreuz with Swords and a Close Combat Clasp in Gold. The consensus was that both were fake - which I am I no way disputing. I saw them for the first time yesterday and photographed them in detail for the Forum. I have looked into the internet for genuine awards for comparison to try to get some idea why the two items were fake - because almost all of the replies I originally had were adamant that both items were fake but gave no reason why?? I have come across several versions of the CCCiG on the internet that were supposed to be genuine, one was even auctioned off as original for some astronomical amount, and it looked worse than the one I put on the forum. It even had the identical hook/clasp and worse detail. It must have also been a fake!
    Some (genuine) examples I found on the internet for the Ritterkreuz with Swords were as near identical as it’s possible to get to the one I have photographed which forum members have told me is definitely fake. I’m not disputing this, but perhaps with the detailed photos I have now provided some Forum members would be able to tell me/and other Forum members exactly why the two examples I have photographed are definite fakes. Just saying 'it’s crap’ or ‘trash’ or ‘who is trying to sell this stuff?’ doesn’t tell those of us not up with awards why it’s wrong. Just saying that this or that "looks funny" doesn't mean much unless you can show why it looks funny in comparison to a known original. Unqualified statements are not helpful to anyone. Thanks in advance, all useful advice gratefully received!
    Terry.
    Attached Files

b)

b)
    Attached Files

Comment

c)
      Attached Files

Comment

d)
        Attached Files

Comment

e)
          Attached Files

Comment

Both are fake trash

Comment

f)
              Attached Files

Comment

g)
                Attached Files

Comment

h)
                  Attached Files

Comment

i)
                    Attached Files

Comment

j)
                      Attached Files

Comment

k)
                        Attached Files

Comment

l)
                          Attached Files

Comment

I think you are looking for very specific reasons that most here will not put on the forum because the fakers troll these places for info on how to correct these flaws. Have you search the forum because there are some very good resources here also Dietrich has good books on the subject of the RK and OKS. Hope this helps for now. TPK

Comment

Terry new round?

both fake

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X