Ritterkreuz with Swords and CCCiG Award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terry,

Both items are fakes and if you want to know why then all you really need to do is compare them with known originals. It's really as simple as that.

I have both items in my collection and the differences are many to a trained eye.

Stan

Comment

Terry, I don´t mean to sound harsh, but as both TPK and Stan say, search this forum and you will find good textbook awards. You can´t expect people here to write the same story over and over again, when all you have to do is search the net.

Comment

Terry, as I told you before this is a sting .... people have tried to help you but seem determined to ignore our advice. If you do not trust the opinions here then you must do your own due diligence ... you are looking at wasting a great deal of money here and I for one would need to have done my own homework to a level I can trust my own knowledge (that's what I do when I start thinking of buying a certain medal)

Ian

Comment

I hope that you have not yet spent your money on the items you have shown.

Better pictures do not neccessarily make the items any less repro or fake. You have been given opinions on both your threads as to why you should avoid these items.

Regards

MMM
          Last edited by MMM; 12-12-2015, 01:41 PM.

Comment

This is like one of those horror movies where the person is going into the room and everyone watching the movie is yelling at them not to go in.... but the person goes in anyway. These were identified as fakes in the last thread, but you got them anyway

Comment

Originally posted by terry.h View Post
              I’m not disputing this, but perhaps with the detailed photos I have now provided some Forum members would be able to tell me/and other Forum members exactly why the two examples I have photographed are definite fakes.
              The answer is always the same and that since at least 8-9 years: They are fake because they are not originals. Study the originals, there are only seven Knights Crosses and only two Oakleaves resp. Swords. No big deal. If you really want to learn, buy yourself a good book ...
              B&D PUBLISHING
              Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Thanks to everyone for replying. I have 100% accepted that both are fake right from the start. I never had any intention of buying them right from the stat either when they were offered to me because I simply didn't know enough about the awards.....and I haven't bought the awards either. I just wanted to know about them especially as I am not sure the person who owns them knows they are fakes. If he does he's a great actor, but he just might be!
                I have now seen them both in the flesh and phographed them because I wanted to know why they are fake and contacting the forum seemed the best place to try and find out in the hope that WAF members might share their knowledge. As it happens I have also now found a very similar thread on another Forum (War Relics Forum) that explaines in some detail the differences between fakes and originals. The fake GGGiG has now become much clearer to me but the RK is still a bit of a puzzle as no one has given one clue as to why it is a fake.
                Thanks again to those of you who have taken the time to reply.
                Terry.
                Last edited by terry.h; 12-12-2015, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Terry,
                  There is no book better than Maerz's one. There is a good chapter showing what a genuine Godet 900 L/50 Oakleave should looks like, hence applies to the same maker's sword.
                  To seek comments from forum is one way, but sometime the one who gives the comment may be the faker himself who wants to promote his product, so it is better to arm the knowledge by reading the book.

PS) I do hope Mr. Maerz will consider to have a 2nd edition to include new information if available.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by chen; 12-12-2015, 10:38 PM.

Comment

There is a good book about the combat clasp, again with a chapter especially about this kind of special presentation gold combat clasp.
                    I am no expert but from your posted photos, I can see it should be Type 2.1.1 . If so, it should have a flush catch( ie a simple catch soldered directly to the clasp ) but that one shown on your photos sits on a round thing.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Again, I am no expert on Oakleave/sword.
                      Just use one example, the font ( 50) is difference.
                      Attached Files

Comment

How much money had the seller in mind ??

Comment

Thank goodness. I thought you'd bought them.

Comment

Like we all have said....JUNK !!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by terry.h View Post
                              I am not sure the person who owns them knows they are fakes. If he does he's a great actor, but he just might be!
                              Trust me, he's Oscar material.

R

Comment

Terry, I can only agree with the others, these are fakes.

I don't know much about the Oaks, but the CCCs I am well versed and can tell you that the CCC is a fake we have seen before and is a take-off on the F&BL design. Notice the poor detailing to the acorn caps and the eagle's chest; something we see quite a bit of many different fake CCCs.

The cloth CCC is also bad; there is no evidence to date that CCCs in Cloth were ever worn nor even produced.

Tom
                                If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
                                [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                                Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X