odd juncker RK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

odd juncker RK

Here is a juncker RK that may generate some interesting discussion. It is neusilber framed and has a zinc core. It is 28.1 grams and has a 800 juncker loop. The odd thing is the dates. I have blown up the 1939 and 1813 dates, which certainly look odd compared to the standard juncker cross.
    Attached Files

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

center beading
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

1813- look at at the first "1" in the "1813". The base of the "1" is rather long
          Attached Files

Comment

loop
            Attached Files

Comment

reverse center

Comment

center again
                Attached Files

Comment

Tom, something has occured beneath the paint or is happening now....moisture, chemical???
                  Regards,
                  Dave

Comment

I don't know, Dave. I had sent some photos of where I had thought the core may have been repainted. You were right- it was silver polish that had collected crud over the years. It came off with a bath and a soft tooth brush. So it was not paint. I had initially thought the core had been repainted, but this appears not to be the case. The shape of the dates is odd, in that paint can mute a date but not have the effect seen here.

But here is a photo of an early juncker RK 1813 date from Detlev's catalog
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by tom hansen; 01-18-2005, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Here is a close-up of the left piece
                      Attached Files

Comment

here is the right
                        Attached Files

Comment

Tom, thankyou for the affirmation as it's always good to know the 'gut' still talks the truth!!!

The old silver polish was made to destroy and not preserve..

It may have invaded the paint resulting in the 'fat' numerals.
                          Regards,
                          Dave

Comment

That is an interesting thought. So you think that the silver polish that was used to "treat" the frame has affected the paint, resulting in the odd appearance of the digits?

Comment

I do because the polish of years ago was SO abrasive so why wouldn't I consider that it was so corrsive?
                              Regards,
                              Dave

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X