1939 EK2 mm K.A.G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Team,

To me, this is a stripped down 1914 EKII by KAG which has had the core replaced with (and I suspect) a fake 1939 core cut to fit the 1914 frames.

Look at the dates; the numbers are out of line and look at the '9's in 1939 - totally different.

Possibly stuck back together with superglue.

So for the price of a rough 1914 EKII and a fake core we have an item of interest.

Regards...

Comment

Originally posted by hagwalther
      Hi Team,

To me, this is a stripped down 1914 EKII by KAG which has had the core replaced with (and I suspect) a fake 1939 core cut to fit the 1914 frames.

Look at the dates; the numbers are out of line and look at the '9's in 1939 - totally different.

Possibly stuck back together with superglue.

So for the price of a rough 1914 EKII and a fake core we have an item of interest.

Regards...
      Whoa easy tiger!! What is the size of a 1914 KAG EK2? Is it 44mmx44mm? This frame is a standard size '39 frame.

Also it is soldered and definitely not superglued!

If the core is fake,why not put in a fake iron core?

Don't you think it is a lot of effort to make an item of interest?

Cheers

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave-B

Don't you think it is a lot of effort to make an item of interest?

Cheers

Dave
        Hi Dave,

Not really. I do think though from what I have seen that it is an item that has been knocked up together with the intention to decieve especially when one looks at the core. Very 'iffy in my opinion.

Still, you have the advantage of being able to handle it and get a far better feel of what it is than I can.

All the best ...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X