Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1939 EK2 mm K.A.G

Hello all,
    Have a look at this strange one! It has a zinc core and is very lightweight,only 12.5g!! It has a "tinnie" feel to it,if you know what I mean.
    The other unusual aspect about it,is that the ribbon ring is marked K.A.G . We know that K.A.G were a well known maker of Imperial crosses but what about TR EK's??
    Or maybe the ribbon ring has been replaced? Even so the cross is quite unusual anyway.

Any thoughts on this?

Cheers

Dave
    Attached Files

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

maker mark
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello.
        Here is what i think. There is alot of toolmarks along the frame. It looks like they have open the frame and resolder it ? Could they have changed the original WW1 core to a WW2 core ?

Cheers.
        Peter

Comment

Peter; Take a WW1 EK2 and a WW2 EK2 and sit them on top of each other, do the frames match up, defiantely not.

Unless the WW2 core was taken from an exact match Schenkel frame it is not going to work.

Regards
          Dez

Originally posted by Peter Wiking
          Hello.
          Here is what i think. There is alot of toolmarks along the frame. It looks like they have open the frame and resolder it ? Could they have changed the original WW1 core to a WW2 core ?

Cheers.
          Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Wiking
            Hello.

Cheers.
            Peter
            Hello Peter,
            I don't think so mate.The frame has been very finely soldered and looks the same as a standard '39 EK2 solder line.

I don't think the marks are tool marks,I'm sure they are just dings and dents.

Dave
            Last edited by Dave-B; 01-15-2005, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Ok then.

Cheers.
              Peter

Comment

Just for interests sake the cross measures 44mmx44mm and the width at the end of each arm is 25mm.........and as I said before the weight is very light at 12.5g!

Dave

Comment

Is the ring soldered closed? I can't really tell by the close-up pic.
                  George

Comment

Originally posted by George Stimson
                    Is the ring soldered closed? I can't really tell by the close-up pic.
                    Hi George,
                    Yes the ring is soldered closed.

Dave

Comment

Dave,

Are you saying then, the cross is like a standard 39 EKII?

It looks very "Schinkle" in the photo.

Comment

Hi folks,

my opinion to that EK is the follow:
                        I am sure that the core has been changed.
                        I am sure that the cor is hollow if I consider the low weight.
                        Consequently I see no problem to readjust the core for the present frame.
                        Further I have never seen a 39er EK2 with a KAG mm yet. That mm is definetely a WW1 mm.

Please have a look at the distance from the swastika to the inner frame corners right hand side. They overlap it. Never such a cross had left the manofactory.

Best Frank
                        Last edited by franki; 01-15-2005, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Panzerman
                          Dave,

Are you saying then, the cross is like a standard 39 EKII?

It looks very "Schinkle" in the photo.
                          Yes Jim,it is a "standard" size!......44x44,although I know what you mean it does look like a WW1 frame.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by franki
                            Hi folks,

my opinion to that EK is the follow:
                            I am sure that the core has been changed.
                            I am sure that the cor is hollow if I consider the low weight.
                            Consequently I see no problem to readjust the core for the present frame.
                            Further I have never seen a 39er EK2 with a KAG mm yet. That mm is definetely a WW1 mm.

Please have a look at the distance from the swastika to the inner frame corners right hand side. They overlap it. Never such a cross had left the manofactory.

Best Frank
                            Are you saying then Frank that you think the cross has been changed recently?............hell of a lot of effort for an EK2.

Dave

Comment

Hello Dave,

I want to apologise me 'cause I have not sighted the measures.
                              I have just checked up all my crosses regarding mesure and weight and come to reason that is no SCHINKEL (the size does not fit) and must be hollow. All my hollow crosses weigh about 12 gr (in this case unfortunately all WW1 items).
                              Ref. ribbon ring: has been changed recently 'cause as I have mentioned KAG is definetely a manufacturer of WW1.

Franki

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X