No announcement yet.

KVK1 class in case l15 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being relatively new to this I may be corrected on some of the following that I've picked up but at least I'm paying attention lol.

Both examples that are posted in this thread have the oval base plate of Friedrich Orth who used L15 as well as L14.

Do the Floch fakes not have different hardware on the reverse eg rectangular shaped hinge?

Also, in the Floch fakes, does the 5 not more resemble an 'S'?

Comment

Not everything with an L15 stamp is a Floch fake. Mr. Floch never made the KVK1. One has to look at more than one product in order to declare something a fake.
      There is a lot more to the story ....
      B&D PUBLISHING
      Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
        Mr. Floch never made the KVK1.
        Hello Dietrich,
        you are really sure, that Mr. Floch never made the KVK1?

http://www.kvk1-dna.de/floch-kopie---floch-fake-.html

These examples are no floch fakes?

best regards
        Pattex

Comment

I said Mr. Floch never made a KVK 1 fake, yes.

Not every fake is a fake from Mr. Floch. It is convenient to name it as such, but it is not always true. And I was referring to the L15 not to a fake in general.
          B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

IMO same the situation the EK1 pieces too
            """Not every fake is a fake from Mr. Floch ""
            I think lot of piece made Orth

Comment

As for the ground dug KvK,this is a new trend fakers are doing to peddle there fakes.
              Be careful.

Comment

that type of cross is genuine in my opinion I have owned a couple from good sources- there has been a lot of muddled information regarding L15, L/15, and Floch in recent years but if you actually examine this style of KVK you will see that it has nothing to compare to his known products- these are actually very nice crosses, zinc with tombak undercoat and hold the silver finish very well as a result.

Comment

Its period factual evidence is whats needed, just like the production picture of the ek2 round 3.

Comment

Hello everyone,

i know the topic is older. I received one of the L15 KVK and took a closer look at it. For me there is no doubt about the pieces. I noticed that the 3 notches that are mostly visible can also be seen in my pieces. However at the right angle and light, it is actually another stamp from the manufacturer. I can clearly see an L15 in a circle. For me another proof that these pieces are out of time. A forger doesn't do such a job.

Just wanted to show this once and hope it helps to put these pieces to rest when in doubt.

Greetings Pogi
                    Last edited by Pogi; 04-04-2020, 10:25 AM.

Comment

I thought this one (unmarked) was attributed to the Austrian?
                      Attached Files
                      George

Comment

Originally posted by Pogi View Post
                        Just wanted to show this once and hope it helps to put these pieces to rest when in doubt.
                        No outside photo posting allowed. Please use the forum service.

Dietrich
                        B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
                          No outside photo posting allowed. Please use the forum service.

Dietrich
                          Sorry Dietrich, i doesn‘t find another way. the forum only read photos via link. I thought it had to.

How can i include Pics direct?
                          Last edited by Pogi; 04-04-2020, 12:48 PM.

Comment

I have certainly changed my opinion of the OPs cross in the last five years. Good for me. However, the cross George shows in indeed a Floch.

Chet
                            Zinc stinks!

Comment

Originally posted by jack1 View Post
                              As for the ground dug KvK,this is a new trend fakers are doing to peddle there fakes.
                              Be careful.
                              This Kvk is 100% original. The finder dug up this Kvk in the Ruhr Pocket in Germany.

Regards siegfront

Comment

Originally posted by Chet Sowersby View Post
                                I have certainly changed my opinion of the OPs cross in the last five years. Good for me. However, the cross George shows in indeed a Floch.

Chet
                                Hi Chet Other than the pin set up how can you tell a Floch some are screw back? Cliff

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X