• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by streptile View Post
    that 65 is original but rusted.
    +1
    Attached Files

Comment

The reverse looks good I Know . The picture I have in my fake files came off the SGDA forum in 2006 .
      The inside corners on the front are exceptionally rounded . Can't remember what was said about it .
      I wonder if the rust under the beading could have mis-shapen the corners ?

Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas 5 View Post
        The reverse looks good I Know . The picture I have in my fake files came off the SGDA forum in 2006 .
        The inside corners on the front are exceptionally rounded . Can't remember what was said about it .
        I wonder if the rust under the beading could have mis-shapen the corners ?

Douglas
        That's the feature of 65 I suppose...
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Trevor, stukapilot and Douglas.
          Sorry to be so late in acknowledging your contributions, but missed the email notification.
          Thanks,
          Peter

Comment

There was a dealer here in the UK who was producing these lead or cheap alloy fakes back in the late 1960s and early 70s. As soon as an original award came into his shop he would make a mould to produce copies, EKs, RKs and KVKs. To be fair he almost always sold them as repros, but a lot of his items made their way into the system and were later sold as original awards. In Robin Lumsden's book 'Detecting the Fakes,' which is now long outdated re the fakes shown, there is a photo of an EKI with the caption 'made in a Gloucester dealers workshop.'

Comment

Hi reichenberg,
              As you point out, there seems to be no limit to the crudeness of fakes produced, but at least they would not fool most collectors unlike some of those produced later!
              Thanks,
              Peter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X