This packets Carl Forester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The text is a modern production. They have used a funktion called: Justify
    It will take the letters, words and place them out to shape a nice block of text aligned smothly to the left and right vertical borders. Note how the space is very different at places between the letters. Note the space between "r" and "e". If this was done during the war, the space between the "r" and "e" would be the same. I dont know how to explain this in a better way.

There is no doubt to me. This is done postwar and not long ago.

Cheers.
    Peter
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Peter Wiking; 12-20-2004, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Fellow Members,

For all those who have these packets would they be so kind as to state:

a) When the envelope was purchased.

b) From where the envelope was purchased e.g. dealers name, fellow collector, eBay source etc.

Lets see if we can track down where they have originated from.

A posting has been made that they were a 'factory find' and that the seller 'had about 80 packets'. Can we find out where this 'factory' actually was?

Peter Wiking has convinced me re: the 'extra' printing in the square box with his 'justify' print format. What we need to do now is to see if the envelopes were original with this 'justify' printing added at a later date

OR

that the envelopes were pure fake from day one.

A close spread of recent purchase dates of these packets would point to the later of the two statements above.

Regards ...

Comment

My packets did NOT have the large square with the LDO text. And yes he sent some photos but unfortunately I had a harddrive failure and lost many of my pics.

Schwäb Gmünd is in Bayern I think, and there was a few manufacturs there
        L/59 - Alois Rettenmaier Schwabisch, Gmund
        47 - Erhard & Sohn (AG), Schwabisch Gmund
        67 - Karl Schenker Schwab., gmund

Comment

Lets hope we dont have a idiot out there marking up original ? packets with these postwar/modern stamps.

Cheers.
          Peter

Comment

It seems to me that these packets have all started turning up very recently, with or without the LDO text.

Comment

Peter is correct on the justify function. It is something your computer does on word to make the words fill up a box evenly by making spaces bigger and smaller between letters. this means the LDO stamp is new!
              Regards
              Matt

Comment

Is there some way off telling if the other marking is genuin or also made not long ago?. This maker only have a RZM nr and i cant connect him to the other PKZ Firms in the same city. The only firm i can see some similarity in name is Forster & Bart PKZ 10 or L/21 but the city is not the same. And i get cold chill´s about L/21.

Mikael

Originally posted by Gebirgsjager77
                Peter is correct on the justify function. It is something your computer does on word to make the words fill up a box evenly by making spaces bigger and smaller between letters. this means the LDO stamp is new!
                Regards
                Matt

Comment

These packages cought my attention too. Too many dealers offer the same packages at the same time. Even on a military fair here in Holland they turned up with sereral dealers and in large numbers, all mint and with the same MM. This is strange because there where not many dealers who had any ic packages before and if they had any the packages state was used not mint. I agree they look very good but i still have some doubts, this is just my point of view.

Comment

Hi Hagwalther, sorry for the late reply been flying around what with xmas, kids etc so had no chance to log on. Had this packet for a while, maybe a year, think i picked it up in a antique shop whilst on holiday. Like a said earlier i dont doubt its authencity. Even today manufacturing can employ outside companies when there is a short fall etc. May i say though that mine does not have the stamp that i feel is a different matter. All the best and merry xmas.
                    Last edited by mrg; 12-22-2004, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mrg
                      Hi Hagwalther, sorry for the late reply been flying around what with xmas, kids etc so had no chance to log on. Had this packet for a while, maybe a year, think i picked it up in a antique shop whilst on holiday. Like a said earlier i dont doubt its authencity. Even today manufacturing can employ outside companies when there is a short fall etc. May i say though that mine does not have the stamp that i feel is a different matter. All the best and merry xmas.
                      Hi MRG,

Yes, the 'extra' stamp is a bit, dare one say it, 'iffy ...

Regards ...

Comment

Perhaps something to add to this conversation, I was at a gun show today and I was looking through the militaria guys wares and I noticed a mothers cross with case and the case was stamped Carl Forester and Graf. The plot thickens?

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Kubasek
                          Perhaps something to add to this conversation, I was at a gun show today and I was looking through the militaria guys wares and I noticed a mothers cross with case and the case was stamped Carl Forester and Graf. The plot thickens?
                          Hi Greg,

That was a decent show wasn't it? Been a while since I saw that much "militaria" at a Gun Show.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X