This packets Carl Forester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This packets Carl Forester

Dont you think there som strange about all that are showing up. It must more than 1000 off them. This one do have a extra stamp on it.
    Mikael
    Attached Files

Do you have any further pic's of this one, I've not seen the likes before.

I don't like the LDO warrenty stamp on the back, I've never encountered this with a larger packet or one with the full makers name on it ? Shouldn't it have the LDO number on it.

By this stamp on the back, it suggests it's a retail piece....it could be genuine and we've not seen the likes before...an undiscovered batch ! But I doubt it.

Strange one, I'd exercise caution on it.

Kr

Marcus

Comment

I havent seen on with the LDO stamp on it. There do seem to be a lot of these CF&graf packets out there but I I don't doubt their authenticity. I took one into my collection and it looks/feels/smells/passed black light light the other period packet I have.

Some on must have came along a crate of these unissued and have been spreading them around.

Comment

I'm not happy with these packets at all.

No scientific reasoning and I have not even handled them but something to me says .

I believe that Carl Forester is not a known maker of the Iron Cross. For these packets to turn with this name on from various sources all at the same time is just pushing creditability a bit far.

Could all of the sellers who have these for sale please state the date when they previously obtained them. I suspect that they only obtained them in the last few months or so.

Regards ...

Comment

Would Carl Forester have to be the manufacturer of the cross though? They could be a third party source for the packets. Just a thought.

Detlev has some of these packets on his site not to give him carte blanche but I suspect he would have given them some thought and inspection before placing them on his site.

Originally posted by hagwalther
          I'm not happy with these packets at all.

No scientific reasoning and I have not even handled them but something to me says .

I believe that Carl Forester is not a known maker of the Iron Cross. For these packets to turn with this name on from various sources all at the same time is just pushing creditability a bit far.

Could all of the sellers who have these for sale please state the date when they previously obtained them. I suspect that they only obtained them in the last few months or so.

Regards ...

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Kubasek
            Would Carl Forester have to be the manufacturer of the cross though? They could be a third party source for the packets. Just a thought.

Detlev has some of these packets on his site not to give him carte blanche but I suspect he would have given them some thought and inspection before placing them on his site.
            Hi Greg,

Very good point but as I know things the name on the packet is related to the award maker not the packet maker.

Yes, Herr Niemann does have some of these on his site. I first noticed them a few months ago and got really excited as I was looking hard for a nice EKII packet at the time after a very long search.

However, as I could find no reference to Carl Forester being a maker of Iron Crosses I decided not to purchase.

I think one answer to this issue is when the packets first started becoming available for sale.

My experience in looking out for a nice EKII packet for a couple of years is that they have just appeared in the last few months and as such, I'm a bit cynical...

Regards ...

Comment

HMMMmmmm......

I'll go with Hagwalther on this one. At least I'm going to be patient. I think I'd really rather have a packet with an attributed cross anyway.

They may be good. If they are, then they'll be around for a while.

Comment

The font used on that large stamp looks modern and produced on a computer.
                I would stay away.

Cheers.
                Peter

Comment

Here you go bid ur brains out http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:X:ON:US:2
                  I did see Detlev also sold them and som other dealers also. And there is some at diff auctions places. Well i have never seen a EK or PKZ nr for that maker and i dont think he hade a LDO nr either. Sorry to say but i just got one off those packets for 6 Euro. Well i do think it can light a fire in my stowe.

Mikael

Comment

Hi All, have to agree with Greg, i have one of these packets myself ( without the stamp) and do not doubt the authencity,light test, texture, feel, etc. Could they have been a trial run? a short fall in manufacturing ( even today this sort of thing happens). As already stated time will tell. All the best.

Comment

Originally posted by mrg
                      Hi All, have to agree with Greg, i have one of these packets myself ...
                      Hi mrg,

Is it a recent purchase?

Can you remember where you got it from?

Regards ...

Comment

In any case. The big stamp on the packet above is not wartime. Its done postwar.

Cheers.
                        Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Wiking
                          In any case. The big stamp on the packet above is not wartime. Its done postwar.

Cheers.
                          Peter
                          It's certainly different from the printing in the left corner...

Regards ...

Comment

all I know when I got my packets from this maker is that the antiquedealer who sold them to me said that these were a factory find, he had about 80 packets, half of them where soiled ánd damaged. So IMO these are good packets, notice that he was a antique dealer and not a mili dealer, I got mine for free when I traded art with him. I that he comes from the where these are supposed to have been manufactured.

Comment

Originally posted by schönbeck
                              all I know when I got my packets from this maker is that the antiquedealer who sold them to me said that these were a factory find, he had about 80 packets, half of them where soiled ánd damaged. So IMO these are good packets, notice that he was a antique dealer and not a mili dealer, I got mine for free when I traded art with him. I that he comes from the where these are supposed to have been manufactured.
                              Hi Schonbeck,

How long ago was this and did you personally see the soiled/damaged ones?

Regards ...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X