No announcement yet.

Klein & Quenzer A.G.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate to see a good discussion get buried!!!

Paint, lighting and photo skill and quality can play a tremendous roll in evaluating this stuff....that said however I do 'see' a difference in the 1939!!

Anyone else?
    Regards,
    Dave

Comment

Hey I'll talk to you. Almost like the Raven. RK has more rounded numerals. The other example more crisp. This is not from die wear...
      Attached Files

Comment

Here are just the 9's.
        Attached Files

Comment

Wow! That's a dramatic difference...thanks Brian as I thought just maybe I was going a bit nuts
          Regards,
          Dave

Comment

Reversing one helps compare.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Kane
              Wow! That's a dramatic difference...thanks Brian as I thought just maybe I was going a bit nuts
              So anyone care to take a stab? Juncker had early and late cores. Is this possible for K&Q?

Comment

The base of the numeral '1' in the Ravenstein example also appears to be lower than the following '9'.....whereas the opposite is true in the top date in Brians composite picture.

We did accept 'short and long 3's on the K&Q EK1 with consumate ease.....so Tom has a point

Marshall

Comment

This may be silly, but does Frank's cross have a magnetic or non-magnetic core? The dates do look different between the two pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by Biro
                    We did accept 'short and long 3's on the K&Q EK1 with consumate ease
                    I don't remember seen a thread on this, but there are also different cores in K&Q EK II's.
                    Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Comment

The 'red headed stepchild' has a sister????!!!

This is now very interesting.....
                      Regards,
                      Dave

Comment

The numbers of EKII's and EKI's far far far outnumber RK's. Two dies of an RK much less easy for me to get a mental handle on given that the entire production run could have been stamped out in a day.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian S
                          The numbers of EKII's and EKI's far far far outnumber RK's. Two dies of an RK much less easy for me to get a mental handle on given that the entire production run could have been stamped out in a day.
                          Uh, just making an observation Brian
                          Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brian S
                            Brian, did you show us your Q&K RKs yet?
                            Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastian Bianchi
                              Brian, did you show us your Q&K RKs yet?
                              I sold it. Does that disqualify me now? Meant nothing personal just also, making a point, not at your expense. Are we an exclamation point away from another brohaha?

Sold it in '99 or 2000 on eBay. over $5,500 uncased, no ribbon.
                              Last edited by Brian S; 12-27-2004, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Come on now girls....stay on topic and let's really have a good look at this!!!!

My K&Q IC1st is really just worn out...so I could accept a change in the core and frame but for a Knight's Cross....that's a bit harder to swallow IMHO!

Come on boys...!
                                Regards,
                                Dave

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X