Clear All

Tom, dump your address!!!
    Regards,
    Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Kane
      Tom, dump your address!!!
      Agreed!!

Tom - lose that address or you'll be testing fresh air. Bad boys also have computers....

Marshall

Comment

Thanks guys- done!

Comment

Tom,
          I will be thinking of you on the 4th! And I am going to wait like a child on Christmas Eve, looking for your update like Santa's sled...
          Marc

Comment

Marc-

I am actually very excited about this as well. It will be fun to be back in a lab. My wife put the nix on pulling Drew out of school, but I may kidnap him and do it anyway- it will be educational for the boy and God knows he is bored as hell in 6th grade. I will post the "data" that evening complete with photos of the process as well. i think if things turn out right, I will follow your advice and send an article to the militaria collectors publication. That would be my first non medical publication. I wonder if I could put it on my C.V. ?

I think over time these techniques will become more and more a componant of collecting and this will be a litmus test as far as introduction of new technology. I am hopeful that such tests will replace some of the subjective statements as "feel" and "look" and lastly "hands on" and will interject some science into this. I will be particularly interested in Dietrich's take on the information. Hopefully it will not be a bust- nonetheless, I will report the "raw" data and go from there.

Comment

Tom,
              If I lived closer I would take the day off too! And I support empiracle reserach to liven your son's education up! It can't all be books - there's a world out there to explore!
              Regards,
              Marc

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Gordon
                This probably doesn't mean much but there is a K&Q RK in the 'for sale' forums which is said to belong to Horst Naumann 3. / St.Gesch.Abt. 184. While the seller states he cannot confirm that that is true, if it is that would mean that K&Q RKs were being produced before January 1943. Does that not blow the 'late war' theory clean out of the water?

I'm curious as to what is the earliest date that a K&Q RK can be attributed to? Of course, it doesn't mean much if the award photos are not clear as the cross could be a later replacement, for whatever reason.
                Bergelt, Karl: Korv.Kpt., Chef 1 Minensuchflottille . Awarded 03.August 1942.
                Two K&Q KC's directly from family.
                Pieter.
                SUUM CUIQUE ...
                sigpic

Comment

I don't think anyone doubts that they were made early. The "theory" is nothing more than observations from people like us (Andy, myself, etc). And in any case, it's only a possible interesting trend but nothing else.
                  Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Comment

I wonder if everyone who has an interest in Knight's Crosses would'nt take a few moments and look through the various 'portrait' pictures and try to identify the K&Q profile.....

I would think it 'likely' that the awardee would wear the presented Cross for a formal sit down photo shoot!

The exercise may get us a bit closer!
                    Regards,
                    Dave

Comment

I've not seen an early grouping with a K&Q RK. Has anyone seen one in a photo from earlier than mid/late 42? Most of the earlier photos seem to show Junckers, S&Ls, and 3/4 loop examples.
                      Erich

Originally posted by Dave Kane
                      I wonder if everyone who has an interest in Knight's Crosses would'nt take a few moments and look through the various 'portrait' pictures and try to identify the K&Q profile.....

I would think it 'likely' that the awardee would wear the presented Cross for a formal sit down photo shoot!

The exercise may get us a bit closer!
                      Festina lente!

Comment

One of my 220, what do you think of this one?

(it was a Juncker)
                        Last edited by Brian S; 12-27-2004, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Or this one?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Or this one.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Brian, the first pic I lean toward Juncker...

The second however sure looks like a K&Q
                              Regards,
                              Dave

Comment

and I'm stopping with this one...yes...they were awarded very early.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 110 users online. 0 members and 110 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X