No announcement yet.

EK2 ribbon review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put this ribbon under 'Black Light' .... stand back ... its blinding !
    Attached Files

Comment

Easy to spot that ribbon, but there better copies for sure.

Comment

Thanks Gary
        very good illustrative photo
        Originally posted by Douglas 5 View Post
        Put this ribbon under 'Black Light' .... stand back ... its blinding !

Comment

Colors of these " orange" ribbons varies a lot - so does the white thread count .... 11, 14 18 and 21 . A few samples I have to show color differences to each other .

Douglas
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by schönbeck View Post
            When receiving Schickel crosses there has often been a narrow bright ribbon on. I know that several think that this is wrong. But so many times can't be a coincedence
            Yes, the narrow ribbon is wrong -- it's something collectors added to Schinkels over many years of misunderstanding. But the lighter orange color might be an indication of an earlier ribbon, who knows? I think these were all red in the beginning, but some used a dye that degraded over time.
            Best regards,
            Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Nice collection Gary

I often saw these the ribbons colors with Klein&Quenzer on types but the thick on type

Originally posted by Douglas 5 View Post
              Colors of these " orange" ribbons varies a lot - so does the white thread count .... 11, 14 18 and 21 . A few samples I have to show color differences to each other .

Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
                Yes, the narrow ribbon is wrong -- it's something collectors added to Schinkels over many years of misunderstanding. But the lighter orange color might be an indication of an earlier ribbon, who knows? I think these were all red in the beginning, but some used a dye that degraded over time.
                Not sure really, as you know I get a lot of crosses and many come from families, many schinkel do have a narrow ribbon. Many have a 45degree cut that for me indicate that the other half was used on a uniform.

Comment

Originally posted by schönbeck View Post
                  Many have a 45degree cut that for me indicate that the other half was used on a uniform.
                  Exactly. The cross was dressed with the other half of the tunic ribbon.

I am absolutely, 1000% sure that Schinkels were not awarded exclusively with 25mm ribbons. This is a collector myth.
                  Best regards,
                  Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X