Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok i got it....BUT........

Hi all,

Well.....i've finally got the cross.....but as this is my first schinkel cross....i have a few questions:

This cross is poorly made and severely flawed...i've seen others on this forum who had the same die flaw and yet they were considered original. It is a 3 part cross and the centre is a bit loose.
    The beading is very different....it is not as "deep" as on the other crosses, and not that detailled.

I first thought that this cross was fake but after closer inspection i think it is not.
    The core is magnetic but the rest doesn't look like my other crosses, it has got a "golden copper" look about it.....don't know how to tell if it is iron or copper(?)
    The 3 and the 9 has got "balls" on them and the cross measures 43 mm exact. The weight is 20 gr.

The ring is not marked and of a different type then my other 1939 EK2's. It is not a solid, closed ring and seems to be from the same material as the cross itself.

This must be a very early pre-LDO cross. The seller claimed he bought it from a uboat vet. Could it be that this cross was made "on board" as seen in this thread ?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...highlight=lead

The ribbon of this cross is slightly smaller then the other crosses i have in my collection.

What do you think about it and could you please tell me more about this?.....is the quality of a schinkelform really worse then the LDO's EK2?

Cheers Ron,

Oh and i will ask collector1939 to post some new and better pictures of this cross.
    Last edited by Ron Westerduin; 08-27-2002, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Hi Ron

No worries mate, send them over

Regards

Dez

Comment

Here is Ron's pics:

Comment

Still looks ok to me.

Regards

Dez

Comment

lets try it again

Hi all, see pictures above this thread

Well.....i've finally got the cross.....but as this is my first schinkel cross....i have a few questions:

This cross is poorly made and severely flawed...i've seen others on this forum who had the same die flaw and yet they were considered original. It is a 3 part cross and the centre is a bit loose.
            The beading is very different....it is not as "deep" as on the other crosses, and not that detailled.

I first thought that this cross was fake but after closer inspection i think it is not.
            The core is magnetic but the rest doesn't look like my other crosses, it has got a "golden copper" look about it.....don't know how to tell if it is iron or copper(?)
            The 3 and the 9 has got "balls" on them and the cross measures 43 mm exact. The weight is 20 gr.

The ring is not marked and of a different type then my other 1939 EK2's. It is not a solid, closed ring and seems to be from the same material as the cross itself.

This must be a very early pre-LDO cross. The seller claimed he bought it from a uboat vet. Could it be that this cross was made "on board" as seen in this thread ?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...&highlight=lead

The ribbon of this cross is slightly smaller then the other crosses i have in my collection.

What do you think about it and could you please tell me more about this?.....is the quality of a schinkelform really worse then the LDO's EK2?

Cheers Ron,

p.s. thanks Dez

Comment

Last edited by Tony Barto; 08-29-2002, 07:47 AM.
              Best regards,

Tony

Comment

. ?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X