EK on top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK on top

Am i correct in thinking that an EK1 should be worn above a wound badge?
    Attached Files

Should be?

Yes.
    George

Comment

Ek

I am sorry George, this is a WW1 EK but I thought the Cross forum was the best place. Here is the full photo by the way....I found this amusing!
      Attached Files

Comment

scoffing at the rules

Boy, who does that Hitler guy think he is, anyway?!!
        George

Comment

Originally posted by George Stimson
          Boy, who does that Hitler guy think he is, anyway?!!

Comment

You know though, if you look at more photos of Hitler in his SA/Political garb, he seems to have had a habit of wearing his EK a little low.

Comment

What always attracts my attention the most in photos of Hitler are his evil eyes. Cold and heartless to the core. His future proved this out.

Robert

Comment

If I didn't know any better..it looks like both badges were added on after the picture was taken. the puckering around the EK1 doesn't look right.

As far as were they were placed, he's the Fuhuer he can do anything he pleases

Comment

Mmmmm

Originally posted by coastie
                  If I didn't know any better..it looks like both badges were added on after the picture was taken. the puckering around the EK1 doesn't look right.

I agree is it my imagination or does it look where the EK is suppossed to be there are medal loops ??? I agee the Ek does look a bit strange.
                  Strong wind-magic mist, to Asgard the Valkries fly
                  High overhead-they carry the dead, Where the blood of my enemies lies - MANOWAR - Hail to England

Comment

I often see photos on death cards in which badges such as the EK or Wound badge have been added on after the photo was taken.
                    Thomas

Originally posted by coastie

Comment

The photo may have been touched up for contrast, but I don't think the EK was added to the photo. Hitler was pretty anal about wearing his EK while in uniform and it is well documented through conversations with his cronies that he was VERY proud of it. I think he just tended to wear it more in the traditional position of the first World War uniforms, lower on the tunic.

Comment

It looks to be a Schinkel.
                        I once flew in a B-17, B-24, & a B-25. Next, I want to fire an 88 round.

Comment

Since it was a 1914 EKI, it would definitely look like a Schinkle. I would also imagine he had several for his various uniforms. And I would also assume that he kept clean uniforms (complete) with decorations at his various residences and headquarters.

Comment

Ek

Another one from the same book. Early photo again.
                            Attached Files

Comment

You often see Knight's Crosses added to photos of guys that were entitled to them, but did not have them when the photos were taken.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X