• Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Meriksson,
        Well, let me throw out a few theories.

Both you and Brian's frames are separated. As we noted, these frames are very thick, and heavy. Mine will even stand up by it's self. Perhaps, over the years, they were dropped causing the separation?? Poor solder job, not properly applied?

The paint runs on your cross? The paint on both your crosses appears to be the very flat paint like that on 24 MM crosses. That paint can run and even rub off easily. Oxidation can also cause this. Something else I've heard about with paint, is that in attempts to restore a finish, owners will take paint thinner and let it run over the finish. This dessolves the paint and allows it to run into chips and cover rubbed areas. It would also leave the finish very flat looking. This could also explain the runs onto the frame. Look carefully at the surface of the finish for what looks like low areas where chips could have once been.

Anyway, just a few thoughts, because I still think both crosses are good. They are after all, 60 years old and who knows how many hands these have run through.
        Last edited by Jim Baker; 11-13-2004, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Maybe Panzer

But im not that sure about this EK, core yeep match urs, frame work no way.
          And they are not droppt, they are soldierd this way "Sloppy". Note the ring hole
          is not filed on front on my EK and not on the back side off Brians. I still dont like it as a orginal EK. If i compare to the 1 class this is way out. And many fakes will beat this one in trim, etc even a Floch is better made. I do wounder there is a Polack selling EK2´s maker markt can this be one off those?`??.

Mikael

Comment

Hello any one else have a EK 2 whit mm 1????? And were is the Moderator´s???

Mikael

Comment

Hey were is the Owners off mm1 EK2´s??? I cant belive we are only 3 that have those. Show som pic´s!! or coment. Looks like George dont know any about those.

Mikael

Comment

Well Brian and Jim, look´s like we are the only 3 here that have a EK2 from maker 1. And we dont get any more comments about them. So for now i will go for that they are Real genuin Deschler. Maybe the sloopy work on Brians and my EK is made under bomb attack´s If some dont say any else on these.

Still cant belive we are only 3 here whit ek2 from Maker 1 Deschler

Mikael

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X