No announcement yet.

Current prices on 1957 awards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a later one...actually this one doesn't look that bad!

Dave
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dave-B; 11-06-2004, 04:07 AM.

Comment

reverse
      Attached Files

Comment

Here is an early one.

In fact the guy that is selling the 57 EK1 on e-stand has a real early 57 EK1,I will ask him if he will post some pics.

Dave
        Attached Files

Comment

reverse
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Here's my really early one which was probably made from WWII stock and is also the reason why I'm selling my other one on the e stand which is early, but not made as early as this one.

Tony
            Attached Files

Comment

Reverse
              Attached Files

Comment

Here is my Early EK1 maker marked L/11 , I think Peter Wiking and Henri have one of these
                Attached Files

Comment

back
                  Attached Files

Comment

L/11 in box same as WW2 issue
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Broadhurst
                      Here is my Early EK1 maker marked L/11 , I think Peter Wiking and Henri have one of these
                      That is a very nice cross. Yes mine is a nice Deumer to with the same needle and catch. Mine one is not marked though. I think your cross must be a very early one with that marked backplate. Late 50s ?

If you ever do the stupid thing by selling that cross, please let me be the one who buy it

Cheers.
                      Peter

Comment

EK1 & 2

Were the EK1 and 2 presented the same way as during the world war 2 - EK2 in a envelope and EK1 in a box? I mean besides the private purchase, where all of the crosses were probably in a box...

These are all good looking crosses, they would look even nicer in a box of issue tough... I'm crazy about the crosses in a case

But the best thing must be, if you have a WW2 EK2, 1957 EK2, both envelops, documents and pictures, all from one veteran...

Comment

Hi MarkJ,

As far as I know, 1957 awards were private purchase awards - they weren't presented like WW2 awards. The RK and EK1 can be found in cases but I don't recall ever seeing a 1957 EK2 in a packet or case. Again, as far as I know, proof of award in WW2 was required to purchase the 1957 re-issues - there were no 1957 award documents.

Regards
                          Mike K
                          Regards
                          Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

I see, but I'm sure that EK 2 were awarded in cases and envelopes because I have seen pics of these crosses with box or envelope. It's also possible that these are late "fakes" and not early awards...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X