Current prices on 1957 awards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current prices on 1957 awards?

Can someone please tell me, what are the current average prices for the 1957 series awards as I would like to make a collection of these 1957 pieces.

I'm thinking of "late", not "early" awards and I'm iterested in these awards:

-Iron cross 2. class with packet of issue in mint condition

-iron cross 1. class in case of issue, also mint condition

-knight's cross in case of issue/whithout case, in mint or good condition

Thank you very much for any replies and help!

don´t know about the ek´s, but I got my cased ´57 RK for 160,00 Euros.
    (Silver frame, cased)

Regrds,
    Ben

Comment

I saw a cased late-war KC in mint condition for sale at e-stand some months ago for 85 EUR.

Regards,
      Junior.

Comment

Rk

Thank you guys for the info, any other comments would be appreciated too.

Wow is it possible that a cased 1957 rk costs only 85 € ? Is it the real thing and how old actualy is this kind of a cross? From the sixties of from the nineties?

Thanks for any other help!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkJ
          Thank you guys for the info, any other comments would be appreciated too.

Wow is it possible that a cased 1957 rk costs only 85 € ? Is it the real thing and how old actualy is this kind of a cross? From the sixties of from the nineties?

Thanks for any other help!
          A late low quality 1957 RK would be 1990 --->
          Real? The late ones is more a "collector item" than a true award for veterans.
          This cross is from my collection and is a early award from the 60s for veterans. Expect 500 US Dollars and up for the early ones

Cheers.
          Peter
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Peter Wiking; 11-07-2004, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Is it true that the companies that made this medals in the 50`s still make them and sell them?

Øyvind

Comment

1990 RK's

Thank's for the info Peter! So if I understood corectly, these "late" 1990--- croses were (and probably still are) made just for collectors and were never awarded to real veterans?

If this is how it goes, then the prices (150 € and up) are too high, as this is basicly just a repro, and if I use different word, a fake...

Comment

Originally posted by MarkJ
                Thank's for the info Peter! So if I understood corectly, these "late" 1990--- croses were (and probably still are) made just for collectors and were never awarded to real veterans?

If this is how it goes, then the prices (150 € and up) are too high, as this is basicly just a repro, and if I use different word, a fake...
                You should go for the early quality 1957 EK and RK crosses. They was sold and given to veterans in the 60s and 70s. The late ones are of low quality and considered as "collector items".

Cheers.
                Peter

Comment

Oh, I would almost forgot this: what about the EK 1 and 2 ? What are the prices for these?

Comment

Know any good places to pick up 1957 crosses for a fair price Peter?

Øyvinf

Comment

Check the E-stand here at the forum. Ebay can be a place to check as well (if you know what you buy) Early 1957 EK1 or EK2: 100 to 150 US Dollars.

Cheers.
                      Peter

Comment

but i had seen some crosses in ebay of 1957 what do you think about it?? there are just 90s crosses or are good??

Comment

There is an early 57 EK1 on e-stand at the moment http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=72883

Dave

Comment

EK's

Does someone (maybe moderators, I don't know) have a "job" to check the crosses that are sold on E-stand, for originality, or is this in the buyer's hands?

And one more thing, how do you know if the 1957 cross is ok- I mean that it's from the sixties and seventies, and not from nineties and up (2003 )... Can someone please explain this to me...

Comment

The crosses from the nineties are right pieces of junk with short pins to the reverse and really naff paintwork!They usually have a small circle or mark on the top arm to indicate where the ring should be placed if the cross was going to be a second class.

I will try and find a pic of a late one for you.

Dave

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X