Combined EK1 EK2 Presentation case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darrell,

I think Bill Shea has one like you mention on his site right now. I thought I had seen that catch before.

The case is even about the same size.... Maybe there is something to this one. Can anyone dig up and post a photo of the 3 award case that was mentioned. Wasn't there one in the Iron Times??

Comment

Originally posted by Panzerman
      Darrell,

I think Bill Shea has one like you mention on his site right now. I thought I had seen that catch before.

The case is even about the same size.... Maybe there is something to this one. Can anyone dig up and post a photo of the 3 award case that was mentioned. Wasn't there one in the Iron Times??
      Yes Jim .. 3 Awards Case = Iron Time Page 292 (In color at that).

As far as the Case with this type catch, I saw one on Tuesday just like the one on Bill Shea's site. German Order of the Eagle 1st Class neck order. Just an amazing piece (both case and medal).

Forman's Guide Vol. 3 has a picture of the Order of Eagle Case also p.179

Comment

Fake
        Attached Files

Comment

My old buddies Bill Shea's, this pic is from his site and is an original catch
          Attached Files
          Last edited by MH184; 10-28-2004, 07:37 AM.

Comment

I don't mind being wrong as we're all here to learn. Every day is a learning process......I will never be an expert and I will certainly get things wrong.

The two boxes are as similar as butter and margerine but one is the real thing the other isn't. Forget the notion they look similar they do not, and it is definately not the same catch.

And never be assured just because a box is on Bill's, Detlev's or anyones that it is genuine.

The top one is fake in my opinion as indeed there are excellent copies of the RK KVK catch too.......bloody good !!!

Now look closely am I so wrong in my thoughts and opinion ? 'You are wrong' is a bold statement to make when we are all learning together.

Kr

Marcus
            Last edited by MH184; 10-28-2004, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Okay, take a look at this then, I got this for doing nothing in the 1990/1 Gulf War from the Saudi's, not exactly the place I thought it would be either.....dusty hole !

Anyway, this case and medal were made in the UK, also look on Muller Miliataria and Third Riech reproductions at the cases in there (all Muller cases I think)...political of course, and enquire as you wish.

You'll notice of the one I think is fake, an indentation of the metal where the maker has hammered in the pin's. Is this an over zealous maker hammering to far, the head of the pin being to big or is it an attempt to put in pin's in an otherwise devoid of pins catch ? I don't know ??

Although these two catches are not the same, mine and the purported fake as I so call it.......look how similar they are. I'm not even going to go into the East German catches !!!

Kr

Marcus

Comment

Mh
                Attached Files

Comment

What we really need are the pictures of the reproduction boxes catches.

Muller militaria is about the best when it comes to repro boxes, and I'd buy a RK KVK box from them to house mine if I hadn't got the genuine thing for a display item and protection.

He does one for the neck order too, but I can't view the catch properly, I know though he does employ a catch similar of that to the genuine design though.

Kr

Marcus

Comment

Blimey Marcus, I think what you need is an "award case and packet forum"

Comment

Hi There,

Originally posted by TerryG
                      Blimey Marcus, I think what you need is an "award case and packet forum"
                      In my opinion, this would be a great aid to us all ...

Regards ...

Comment

Well when and if it does happen, there are plenty of budding box enthusiasts my old friend, me I'm going to be rather busy over the next few months until some time in the new year.

There seem's to have been a revived if not attentive interest in these items of late, which is good because it's opened up another aspect of this hobby which has only been appreciated/afforded/recognised by perhaps a minority of collectors I feel in the past. Hopefully I've been a part of a collective of members in showing there are a multitude of differences etc. I certainly wasn't the first.

The proposed forum I can tell you is being considered very closely and may very well happen in the future, things take time.

That being said is all it has to do with me......it was just an idea I had, my intention is done.

I only know as much as you guy's on boxes & packets end of story.

Anyway I'm boring myself and don't want to talk about this....I've only a few days more on line until I'm off to study again. The forum is to addictive !!!

Kr

Marcus

Comment

Sounds good Marcus.

I've just managed to buy a group of packets at very cheap cost here in New Zealand.

They include 'tinnie' packets, a drivers badge in silver packet and one with a big 'WD' on.

There again, they might be just junk but it would be good to learn if they are original or not.

Regards ...

Comment

Marcus,

If it makes you feel better, it's your bloody fault I have taken to these cased awards!!!! (Well, you and a few others here).

They are very classey.

And yes, I voted for your forum!!!

Comment

Hi,

need to have in hands and touch....

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X