Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Combined EK1 EK2 Presentation case

Here is one for the case experts!
    Some pics of a Presentation case for EK1 and EK2 as used for high ranking officers during Polish campaign. Pics are a little distant but I will ask for more close-ups.
    Last edited by Harry; 07-10-2007, 06:37 AM.

Inside....

Comment

again.......

Comment

more....

Comment

more.....

Comment

Hi Harry,

I've never heard of it, or even seen the like's of it or even read about this sort.

Kr

Marcus

Comment

Yes Marcus,

I'd never heard of one either. The bit about the high rankers comes from the sellers description. I know there was a combined case for the EK1 and EK2 spange, but has anyone ever come accross this?

Comment

Wasn't there a presentation case though for the RK, EK 1 & 2 that was purported to be presented by Hitler though ??

I've no idea

Kr

Marcus

These sort of things including RK cases are out of my league.

Comment

Marcus,

Yes, there was one for the three as you describe. I'm no expert, but this is really cool looking. This I think deserves some investigation. Doesn't the catch look like the ones used on KVK RK's??

Really interesting.

EDIT: It's interesting how wide the case is. Maybe a conversion?? Maybe a well made fantasy piece?

Comment

Hi Jim,

My thoughts are I think this a naughty one ! The proportions are a bit too big, on a quality case I'd expect rounded innner corners and possibly the external ones too.

The catch, for a box of this type....well the Germans did like there more elaborate fussy types, this ones a bit plain and modern looking perhaps for my likeing.

It's just my impression it's fake.....I can't back it up really

An RK KVK catch looks like this one below on my box, or is one of a few to that box.....similar to the Luft Goblet box as well I think these

Kr

Marcus

Comment

Marcus,

Yes, you are right. Remember that strange red case I had?? It has a catch like this one. Never did figure anything out on that one. ??

Yes, when I looked at this one, it seemed large for just the two crosses. Probably another ebay crook trying to capitalize off the 3 award cases.

Comment

East German (the red one)?

Cheers.
                        Peter

Comment

Hi Peter,

If you're talking about the one I have, nobody could ever decide.

Comment

Im not so shure this is a fake!, some time long ago "years" i did see a photo in black and white whit some officers and some type off cases like this one in size.

Mikael

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus. H
                              Hi Jim,
                              The catch, for a box of this type....well the Germans did like there more elaborate fussy types, this ones a bit plain and modern looking perhaps for my likeing.Marcus
                              You are wrong. The same catch is one the German Order of the Eagle 1st Class Neck Cross rests in. The case looks very similar also.

I haven't heard of a case like this for just the EK1 and EK2, but there was a case for these two plus the RK as mentioned above (p.281 in Gordon's book - Hitler presenting to Eric Raeder).

Interesting none-the-less.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X