Ritterkreuz - S&L micro "800"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both RK's re super !
    But I would like to ask why the second RK have 935 silver mark on loop ?
    I know that late war production S&L Ritterkreuz MM 4 have such stamp for silver but I didnt know that they also use this stamp for micro 800 RK. Looks genuine with the same patina like cross.
    Regards
    M
    Attached Files

Comment

I would imagine that the absence of cases and due to their condition, both these crosses were maybe on barter boards? They look to be in the same condition as the haul Dave Bloor came across.
      Last edited by Rich G; 07-18-2013, 02:39 AM.
      Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
      Decorations of Germany

Comment

Both apparently have cases: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=682394 Also, '935' loops have previously been observed on "Micro 800" crosses.

Comment

Only the used one has a case but I assume the case has been married to the cross as it is being sold separately. The first one says the case in the video is not included.
          Decorations of Germany

Comment

That's confusing about the cases. Perhaps Mr. Kramer can clarify "what exactly came with what". In any event, some nice pieces there.

Comment

Stunning original. Congrats. -Ger.

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
                That's confusing about the cases. Perhaps Mr. Kramer can clarify "what exactly came with what". In any event, some nice pieces there.
                both crosses came in the respective cases that you see in this photograph and were Veteran bringbacks to this country.

William Kramer
                Attached Files
                Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

for reference.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rich G View Post
                    The first one says the case in the video is not included.
                    but it is the same case that is came to the US housed in (as is the other)

William Kramer
                    Attached Files

Comment

At the end of the day, these are your items but I think it terribly sad that these have been complete sets until you got your hands on them and now they are split forever.

But I'm not going to argue with you about that as it is for you to decide however, I will say that is is not the actions a true collector but one who is only motivated by monetary gain. Something we see all too commonly now these days unfortunately.

Decorations of Germany

Comment

Originally posted by Rich G View Post
                        At the end of the day, these are your items but I think it terribly sad that these have been complete sets until you got your hands on them and now they are split forever.

But I'm not going to argue with you about that as it is for you to decide however, I will say that is is not the actions a true collector but one who is only motivated by monetary gain. Something we see all too commonly now these days unfortunately.

I agree... For most collectors it is about preserving the history, however for others it is all about monetary gain and nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Stout View Post
                          I agree... For most collectors it is about preserving the history, however for others it is all about monetary gain and nothing more.
                          unfortunately for me, the case and mint ribbon do not display with my tunic. It took me half of my adult life to scrimp and save (funded by selling odds and ends here and there) to fund this uniform display. I am 29 and don't have the deep pockets that others on this forum do. Did I sell a box and a ribbon to help finance this, yes, but it isn't like I went out and charged full retail on the set. Hopefully the pieces go onto other collectors that enjoy their items that much more and display them in a way that makes them happy.

If these were part of a grouping or something like that I would be ashamed, but this isn't anything of the sort. I am actually selling one cross only to be able to afford keeping the other, plain and simple. This is why I am not selling my attributed display ribbon as it and one of the crosses will stay on my tunic. So as far as my motivations and for further information on the assembly of my tunic display, please see:

http://wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/s...d.php?t=668794

believe me, if I didn't have to sell a Knights Cross that I pulled from the woodwork myself to fund the addiction of collecting (as a true collector) I wouldn't but that just isn't an option for me right now in life. Right now, to keep up with the Jones' I have to invest intelligently and move things around when need be.

William Kramer
                          Attached Files

Comment

It has to be said that if you looked at the prices of each item it would be more than easy enough to have bought each "set" at a very decent price. I'll say it. Lay off guys, everyone is in their own particular situation, and allIknew has never come across as "just in it for the money". I wish I could get one of these.

Comment

Originally posted by all1knew View Post
                              unfortunately for me, the case and mint ribbon do not display with my tunic. It took me half of my adult life to scrimp and save (funded by selling odds and ends here and there) to fund this uniform display. I am 29 and don't have the deep pockets that others on this forum do. Did I sell a box and a ribbon to help finance this, yes, but it isn't like I went out and charged full retail on the set. Hopefully the pieces go onto other collectors that enjoy their items that much more and display them in a way that makes them happy.

If these were part of a grouping or something like that I would be ashamed, but this isn't anything of the sort. I am actually selling one cross only to be able to afford keeping the other, plain and simple. This is why I am not selling my attributed display ribbon as it and one of the crosses will stay on my tunic. So as far as my motivations and for further information on the assembly of my tunic display, please see:

http://wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/s...d.php?t=668794

believe me, if I didn't have to sell a Knights Cross that I pulled from the woodwork myself to fund the addiction of collecting (as a true collector) I wouldn't but that just isn't an option for me right now in life. Right now, to keep up with the Jones' I have to invest intelligently and move things around when need be.

William Kramer
                              Well said Bill and I can only echo your sentiments as well as be envious of your acquistion of a real RK, a dream of mine for a long time and I am a lot older than you as well.
                              Eric

Comment

Isn't this cross one of the two from a couple of months ago that the poster's Uncle brought back from Munich at the end of the war? Very nice cross!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X