FlandersMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GREAT DISCOVERY! Ost Front Officer's Award Grouping...found in America!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi! Fantastic find
    The Bulgarian is The Royal Order of Military merit 5:th class

//Thomas

Comment

What a great haul. That EK II

Comment

Great find, great price. Basically, you paid for either the cased EK1 or the EK2, and everything else was free.

Hank
        Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
        ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

I imagine I would have had a heart attack on the spot. Great score!
          Dale

Comment

Nice! Congrats. -Ger

Comment

What a nice find indeed

Congrats, also on getting it at a very good Price.

/Flemming

Comment

That is a wonderful grouping that would be a pleasure to own. Congratulations on a great find.

Bob Hritz
                In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by whatthecrunchyo View Post
                  Good observation. It appears that the swastikas were broken off of the eagles on the long service ribbons.
                  Seeing a Bundeswehr dog tag assume he re-used it during his BW service.
                  A smashing group indeed, good to see honest and clean finds are still out there.

Comment

Thank you for the comments!

Comment

Nothing beats pulling things out of the woodwork. It DOES happen.

Comment

What a pity there's no paperwork as well, As you know he was a pre-war professional soldier, my guess he was a senior NCO who got comissioned perhaps within the first year or so of the start of the war, his TR period ID tag has a very low number which would easily fit in with him being one of that company's senior NCOs.

There's no online database you can search unfortunately, i think your best bet would be to get in touch a researcher who has access to the officer personnel files. Try dropping Mike Constandy (member MJC) a PM.
                        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Very, very nice! Congrats on the acquisition.
                          -Calvin Hall, repressed Appalachian American.

Desperately seeking a Juncker Knights Cross ribbon loop and well used Knights Cross ribbon!!!

Comment

What a stunning group!

The ribbon bar is not Bundeswehr period but Third Reich made. Unfortunately it has been de-nazified, perhaps for post-war wear.

I see a wide piece of Romanian ribbon in that box which makes me think he may have been awarded the Commander Grade of the Romanian Order of the Crown (on bravery ribbon)! If that was the case you have someone of quite significant rank.

Kind regards
                            Pierce

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X