No announcement yet.

Assmann packet with EKII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand the connection of Hoffstätter owning the firm of Grossmann & Co, but there is also the 880 KM's distance between Bonn and Vienna, that's an 8hr drive. The headed wartime letter stating the manufacture of EK2's was also on Hoffstätter headed stationary, not Grossmann's, which as you point out has it's own separate PK number 11.

I don't see why Hoffstätter and Grossmann can't be both making EK2's under different guises. It could be said there is no proof, but there is an unknown maker cross marked "8" which is different to the "11" marked crosses, which it could be equally said is proof enough. Is it known when Hoffstätter took control of Grossmann? Good point about the L/19 1st class though, that does confuse things.
    C

Comment

Originally posted by colin davie View Post
      I understand the connection of Hoffstätter owning the firm of Grossmann & Co
      Did Hoffstätter own Grossmann? Actually that's new information to me. What is your source?
      Best regards,
      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Credit for the connection of Hoffstätter and Grossmann goes to BassD.

C

Comment

Originally posted by colin davie View Post
          Credit for the connection of Hoffstätter and Grossmann goes to BassD.

C
          That's very interesting. About a year and a half ago I noticed that Grossmann EK2s and Hoffstätter EK1s used the same frames and cores (here is the thread where I first saw it). So it makes perfect sense that Hoffstätter owned Grossmann

However, it also offers us more evidence that the 8 marked EK2 we see above (whoever it now belongs to) is likely a postwar stamped unknown maker. Mind you, the door is still wide open for more evidence. Even just one or two more of the same cross with the same stamp would go a long way towards convincing me.
          Best regards,
          Streptile

Comment

Hi,

I find this thread very interesting since the Assmann EK2 has not yet been identified. One year back I bought this set from a dealer in Germany which got it directly from an estate. So the set was untouched.

Since this set also had the so called "unknown 8" it is yet another indication that maybe Assmann is the manufacturer.

/Jonas
            Attached Files

Comment

Ek2
              Attached Files

Comment

Envelope:
                Attached Files

Comment

very interesting. could be a matching set indeed.
                  I hope we can soon write the end to this story.
                  surely cross is not of the maker 8

Comment

Great!

I'd love to see even just one more but I'm starting to be convinced.
                    Best regards,
                    Streptile

Comment

It looks so with a large probability that the manufacturer of cross Variant 8 can be Assmann ... Very interesting and indeed likely

Regards
                      Jarek

Comment

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=845269

Comment

Originally posted by boch_62 View Post
                          It looks so with a large probability that the manufacturer of cross Variant 8 can be Assmann ... Very interesting and indeed likely

Regards
                          Jarek
                          I agree, very likely
                          Best regards,
                          Streptile

Comment

Maybe now we can do the same with the Hensler packet/cross combos?

The hammesfahr sets would also be good to correlate.

Rich
                            Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
                            Decorations of Germany

Comment

Originally posted by Rich G View Post
                              Maybe now we can do the same with the Hensler packet/cross combos?

The hammesfahr sets would also be good to correlate.

Rich
                              IMO it's not the same.
                              Every time when I see the bag set with a cross from Schmidhaussler, Hammesfahr whether Hensler, every time I see another cross representing complete with bag ...
                              And in this case we have known cross (Variant 8) unknown manufacturer, of which each of us really thought many times, suspecting due to the high quality of the cross, it might be already known manufacturer ...

Jarek

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X