No announcement yet.

Mint EK2 with issue packet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW, here is the maker mark on the "49" I had.
    Attached Files
    George

Comment

George

To let you know, I have been down at Mike K's house today chatting about the EK2, one thing we did do was put the packet and the ribbon under the UV light, they both came up fine (no glow).

Comment

No glow...oh well, I would have thought it likely. Even so, these tan packets are difficult this is the 'frost' you'll encounter on some.(see first pic)

As I've stated before, it's a bugger this lark, because even though there is no glow it dosen't make it genuine. With the contributing factors concerning this packet I would seriously deem it as fake in all honesty.

If I can track an example down in the future I'll send it away for a series of 'tests' to deliberate the age pf the paper and ink (further details in past threads)

The second black lighting pic is of another genuine packet and these flecks are acceptable in genuine period packets.

Kind regards,

Marcus

This pic is of a genuine packet on the left, a fake on the right.......and a good fake at that !!! You'll observe the 'frost' effect I mention. You encounter this to some lesser or greater degree...you'll also encounter this if a genuine packet has been exposed to some chemical of sorts, a spray of furniture polish, womans hairspray, window cleaner etc etc.......it all depends. The trick here is coverage and the combination of other traits.
        Attached Files

Comment

This is a little fleck on a genuine example, this is ok and no need to worry.

Now the trick here is again coverage, if it's gots lots and lots of fleck's further investigation will be needed. The odd one here and there, 4-5 or less or sometimes a few more perhaps, you're sort of 'out of the woods' so to speak.
          Attached Files

Comment

Now considering all my waffle above, these shouldn't be taken as gospel and are a good 'home' indicator.....black lighting is effective but by no means a dead cert method in either case.

It gets really really complicated from here on in, so I can't elaborate any further, but use these pic's as a guide and you'll be less than half way there.....but it's a start !

Kind regards,

Marcus

Comment

Marcus

Thanks for the information. Mike may posta few pics of both the ribbon and the packet yet under the black light, all that you have mentioned we both looked for, and also compared the ribbon and packet to another EK2 with ribbon and a 57 ribbon they all came up the same, (no glow), like you say this is only one of many basics tests used.

A question for both you and George, why is it that no one has approched Mr Flock and actually asked him the history of his EK2, does he actually have a dye that is war time period, and if so how can anyone tell the difference between the two, and if not why has no one approched Mr Flock, brought one of his EK2 and educated the forum.

The same could also be stated about the Assman brest eagles that members have and will continue to discuss, George has pointed out some good facts as to why he and others think the way they do, but no one or no member has actually gone up to Mr Flock the one man whom could answer all these questions and put the question to him.

Comment

"but no one or no member has actually gone up to Mr Flock the one man whom could answer all these questions and put the question to him."

I've never had the opportunity to do so. I think Seba saw him at a show, but he was just selling, not explaining. (I think Dave Kane might know him. )<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
                George

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X