MedalsMilitary

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oak Leaves with Swords - nonsense or possbily good stuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oak Leaves with Swords - nonsense or possbily good stuff?

Attached Files

Hello gents,
    I got only these poor pics for now, but I want to ask you if you see there a chance or if it´s totally bad.
    I really don´t collect this stuff, but know that some of you have great knowledges in this area.

Thanks a lot!
    Attached Files

Comment

Junk!

Comment

I would love to own them!

Comment

Originally posted by StefanK. View Post
          I would love to own them!
          You would love to own junk?

Comment

I would personally like to see better photos....

Comment

Hello,
              here are 2 better pictures from the owner. He has also some metal analysis made by one official institution, which is known to me, so at least the analysis is legit without any doubts.

According to that analysis,
              leave contains: 99,85% of silver and 0,16% of Cu
              wire on the back: 88,32 silver and 11,68 Cu

More comments are welcome...

Thank you gents!
              Attached Files

Comment

Unless the esteemed company of C.E. Juncker had two dies for the oaks (or - if one goes with Niemann around 3 or so), this set is a fake. I would also have no idea why Juncker all over sudden choose to stamp L 12 instead of L/12. And why they made the oaks from 900 silver (and with an different die) but the set for the swords with 800 silver stamp (but evidently with 995 grade silver) and a new set of oaks.

I can' prove it is a fake. Circumstantial evidence points strongly in that direction. I am also convinced that there is no way somebody could prove it to be a real set made before May 1945.

Dietrich
                B&D PUBLISHING
                Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Thanks for the photos. Doesn't look very believable to me, either........

Comment

To me, the L/12 and 800 seems raised, so would have to be part of the die.
                    Guess that would also be a first for OL and OL&S.

Best regards
                    Flemming

Comment

Likely offered for an amazing price ... right? That in itself should scream something in your ear.

Comment

Not original. IMO.

Comment

Thanks a lot gents, I will pass...

Comment

I have to disagree about the silver mark. Juncker marked 90% of their silvery medals with 800, no matter if the silver content is 80% or 99%. The marking 900 is rather rare and usually can only be encountered on spanish crosses. Nevertheless they existed on other pieces also but that is not common. I know that Dietrich is always referring to one single piece (which was attributed to Dickfeld) but even the oakleafs were mainly marked 800.

Concerning that piece i am of the opinion that they existed; in other words i consider them wartime. I know that this is not the mainstream so i apprechiate every offers on these pieces

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
                            Unless the esteemed company of C.E. Juncker had two dies for the oaks (or - if one goes with Niemann around 3 or so), this set is a fake. I would also have no idea why Juncker all over sudden choose to stamp L 12 instead of L/12. And why they made the oaks from 900 silver (and with an different die) but the set for the swords with 800 silver stamp (but evidently with 995 grade silver) and a new set of oaks.

I can' prove it is a fake. Circumstantial evidence points strongly in that direction. I am also convinced that there is no way somebody could prove it to be a real set made before May 1945.

Dietrich

Comment

The Oakleaves from Juncker (the model which I think are proven to be wartime) are marked "900" which is prove that Juncker knew how to mark the silver content correctly. All the real Oakleaves from Godet are also marked 900.

I don't know what you mean with "even the oakleafs were mainly marked 800"? (Yes, there are a ton of post war fakes marked "800", that is true.)

No matter what, there is no proof that Juncker - regarding to Mr. Niemann - had 3-4 Oakleave dies and that they just marked them like they felt on every particular day: 800, 900, L 12, L/12, both left, one left one right, ....

I think that for objects where thousands of Dollars or Euros are asked as a price one needs a little more evidence than "I like them!"
                              B&D PUBLISHING
                              Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X