Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your heaviesti EK2?

Hi all,

Just arranged my EK2's and I paid attention to one which felt heavier than other.

So I had to weight it (without ribbon of course)

I have just a normal scale for weighing letters (accuracy 1g). All my other EK2's weight 17-20grams, but this one was 25 grams. Maker mark "1" in the ring.

Any thoughts about this or does someone have even heavier ones?

Deschlers are heavy. I have a couple of these from the hoard and they are just nice and heavy compared to some other makers. The overall thickness just makes these crosses look great.

r John

Comment

Originally posted by John Henderson View Post
      Deschlers are heavy. I have a couple of these from the hoard and they are just nice and heavy compared to some other makers. The overall thickness just makes these crosses look great.

r John
      I agree.

This is the maine for comparison

Ciao
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Thats a beautiful Deschler you have!

r John

Comment

Yes - these thick heavy crosses are majestic and all should have that way . Only a very few makers had made thick crosses .
            Here is mine :

Douglas 5
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by John Henderson View Post
              Thats a beautiful Deschler you have!

r John
              Thanks John,
              not on my mental target but when I took her in my hands it was immediatly love. And she's today always in collection.

@ Duglas 5: Beautiful heavy Deschler.

Ciao

Comment

This Deschler is from the 'hoard', although there is considerable tarnish on the frames especially to the reverse...

Yes, it's heavy, but is it as heavy as the Schinkel-B EKII or the heavy R3 Deschler EKII?

Robert
                Attached Files

Comment

Interesting Robert --- ... have to look up the ones I have --- going by memory my Deschler is 26 grams , the R3 and the thick F Zimmer were around 25 grams and the B Type I think is less - 23/24 grams - due to its slightly smaller size only .
                  If I could ask Robert about his and my core (Ni plated) -- the date seams a bit different - 3&9 - are they or is it just the lighting ? And any way of telling if mine is from the hoard - or is there any way of telling ?

Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas 5 View Post
                    Interesting Robert --- ... have to look up the ones I have --- going by memory my Deschler is 26 grams , the R3 and the thick F Zimmer were around 25 grams and the B Type I think is less - 23/24 grams - due to its slightly smaller size only .
                    If I could ask Robert about his and my core (Ni plated) -- the date seams a bit different - 3&9 - are they or is it just the lighting ? And any way of telling if mine is from the hoard - or is there any way of telling ?

Douglas
                    The only thing I'm going by is that this cross came with mint packet, tissue wrapper, and twice folded ribbon. Cross is mint but slightly tarnished. The same set as the prior five I used to own. Date looks the same, I believe.

Robert

Comment

I used to have five Deschler 'hoard' crosses, mint in packet, tissue and ribbon. With a worn Deschler I had a total of six. Now I only have three, one with packet from the hoard...

Robert
                      Attached Files

Comment

I have only one photo of four with packets...

Robert
                        Attached Files

Comment

I never kept records of how heavy my 'heavy' R3 was. This may be the heaviest of the EKII's. Perhaps someone who owns one will weigh it and post the weight...

Robert

Comment

I now went and pulled out any cross that is on the " heavy " side :
                            The weight of R3s does vary alot ;

Douglas
                            Attached Files

Comment

And others by weight I have :

Size reduced UB : one at 22.1 grams and one at 22.8 grams
                              Full size UB EK2 : around 23 to 24 grams

Reg F Zimmermann EK2: 19 to 20 grams
                              Thick F Zimmermann 21.5 and 22 grams

Reg 3 thick Deschler unm : 25.5 grams- (45.22 X 45.20)

Regards Douglas

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X