EK2 R3 for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 R3 for review

Hi mates,would like to hear some opinions for this nice R3.Could it be the Deschler?
    Thanks for looking
    Attached Files

Yes Deschler it is

Comment

I agree

Nick

Comment

It sure is, and a nice one!!

Comment

It looks like there's some overspray on the inside of the beading. Is that normal for this cross, or has it been re-painted possibly?

Regards,
          Eric

Comment

that's normal and it's original paint

Comment

Thanks to all and yes the overpaint is normal for these early crosses.If You look You can find some very interesting threads about this paint stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by tomlaan View Post
                Thanks to all and yes the overpaint is normal for these early crosses.If You look You can find some very interesting threads about this paint stuff.
                IMO Not is total correct.

The overpaining process is visible especially on "frosted" version.
                That is possible because the frosting process was a immersion process, little bit acid and with paint, and the core was protected by paper or other thinghs.

The core was painting on black enamel before the welding process.
                http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=638074

When the frosting "passed" the protection paper is necessary one re-painting process.

Some factory at the end of war used this late step of painting to reduce the production cost.

All decorations was sold to the Third Reisch and stored on 3 warehouse: Beriln, Munchen and Vienna.

Ciao

Comment

Good to know about the paint. I once returned a minty example of an R3 because I thought it was re-painted. I wish I would've known then what I know now

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X