No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice

All the items are nice. They are also some items that could be from the same
    tunic. The text on the back of the iron cross I read as Friedel?

Most German cross holders you can find info on. But that is ofcourse only af the awards where from the same soldier.

http://www.ww2awards.com/award/614/F

Best
    Nicolai

Comment

Originally posted by tystgaard View Post
      But that is ofcourse only af the awards where from the same soldier.

....but according to the combination there is certainly a chance that they really are from the same soldier. so if you have time, you can look all Friedrichs who were Hauptmann or higher and were awarded the DKiG after mid 1943. But that will be a lot i fear.....

Comment

What is "the flaw at 11 o'clock?"

Comment

Originally posted by Peteski View Post
          What is "the flaw at 11 o'clock?"
          I will show you a closeup of one of my DKiG's with the flaw. THey appear only in the Zimmermann Crosses and also in the Klein crosses because Klein got their finished parts from Zimmermann.
          It is a fault, an imperfection in the original die that was stamped out into all of the Zimm.'s It's just a small raised area. Look at the ray sticking out farthest to the left and then go up to the next ray, sticking out a little less, and look at the slightly raised area on the left side. See it? I don't know how to use Photoshop to draw a line to it, sorry.
          Tim
          Attached Files
          Last edited by TP Alexander; 12-02-2012, 06:58 PM. Reason: My stupidity in not knowing my left from my right!

Comment

Originally posted by StefanK. View Post
            ....but according to the combination there is certainly a chance that they really are from the same soldier. so if you have time, you can look all Friedrichs who were Hauptmann or higher and were awarded the DKiG after mid 1943. But that will be a lot i fear.....

Thought that the name on the Ic was Friedel,
            as there are only 2 names on the list ?one is to young and the the other a reservest imo it must be the reservest Friedel, Werner

Comment

Originally posted by merdock View Post
              Thought that the name on the Ic was Friedel,
              as there are only 2 names on the list ?one is to young and the the other a reservest imo it must be the reservest Friedel, Werner
              I went to this listing:
              http://www.ww2awards.com/award/614/F
              and didn't find a Friedel at all. Where did you find the reservist name?
              Thanx,
              Tim

Comment

Hi,
                Here's the info from the same site ,don't know why it's not on your list?

http://www.ww2awards.com/person/4659#.UORrWpfkXXc.email

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width="20%" noWrap>Name: </TD><TD>Friedel, Werner</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap>Date of birth: </TD><TD>Unknown </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap>Nationality: </TD><TD>German</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=818><!--<tr> <td width="556"> </td> <td width="8"> </td> <td width="49"> </td> </tr>--><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=761><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD width=40></TD><TD width=80></TD><TD width=641></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=middle></TD><TD class=artikel-kop-klein vAlign=middle colSpan=2 align=left>DEUTSCHES KREUZ IN GOLD</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>Rank:</TD><TD>Feldwebel der Reserve </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=2>Unit:</TD><TD>6. / Panzer-Grenadier-Regiment 33 </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>Awarded on:</TD><TD>July 14th, 1944</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

The engraving means:

His beloved Friedel (short form of Friedrich)
                  To remember the 24th of dec 1918
                  Boy

So the name resembles a first name, not a family name.

The combination is very likely from one soldier. Sad to see that someone took such personal things.

Comment

Originally posted by merdock View Post
                    Hi,
                    Here's the info from the same site ,don't know why it's not on your list?

http://www.ww2awards.com/person/4659#.UORrWpfkXXc.email

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width="20%" noWrap>Name: </TD><TD>Friedel, Werner</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap>Date of birth: </TD><TD>Unknown </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap>Nationality: </TD><TD>German</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=818><!--<tr> <td width="556"> </td> <td width="8"> </td> <td width="49"> </td> </tr>--><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=761><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD width=40></TD><TD width=80></TD><TD width=641></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=middle></TD><TD class=artikel-kop-klein vAlign=middle colSpan=2 align=left>DEUTSCHES KREUZ IN GOLD</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>Rank:</TD><TD>Feldwebel der Reserve </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=2>Unit:</TD><TD>6. / Panzer-Grenadier-Regiment 33 </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>Awarded on:</TD><TD>July 14th, 1944</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
                    Don't know why I didn't see it.
                    Must have been spelling it Freidel by mistake.
                    Thanx,
                    Tim

Comment

Thanks for all the useful info, people - I really appreciate it! While I'm not condoning thievery, weren't about 90% of the items on this site originally "liberated" by someone?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X