Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all - please cut a rookie some slack if my questions are naive! Here's the deal, I've been in possession of German medals my dad brought back from Europe in '45 (42nd Rainbow Division). They are: 1) DKiG with identical markings to the "rare Zimmerman" unit for sale elsewhere here. 2) WWI EK with inscription on back. 3) The "1939 Eagle" - I don't know what it's officially called, but it's what represented the WWII EK when the wearer had the WWI one already. 4) Wound Badge. 5) Mother's Cross in Gold with inscription on back. 6) Shooting lanyard "first form" like the one for sale elsewhere on this site, but with one silver acorn on it. All of these items are in terrific shape (photos will follow when the "good" camera is available); for example, the DKiG's swastika is pristine, and the inscriptions on the WWI EK & the Mother's Cross are clear as bells. I'm not sure what I want to do with these, but I would like to know from you folks the best way to truly value them and where to go from there. I know there are many fakes out there, but this stuff came with my father's personal WWII things, including a Nagant pistol and his Rainbow stuff, and due to an illness, he was stateside in the summer of '45. Any help, comments, etc. would be highly appreciated.

Items

It is best to post pictures of what you have so you can get the info you want. The 1939 eagle comes in a first class (has pin and catch on back) second class (has four pins that bend on back). This link tells you how to post pictures, but to have full access you must be an Association Member. Jim

Comment

You can also post pictures by going through another service like for instance Flicker, but you can't sell on here without being an association member as the CMSgt says. If you become one of those you can post the pictures directly here.

Ron

Comment

When you become an Association member you can up load pictures directly here, but as a member you need to use photobucket/ flicker/ or another photo host and simply paste the img code in the post. It would be great to see these items. Welcome to the forum BTW. People are very good at answering questions or directing you to threads at various points. Use the search feature as much as you can, and if you're going to take up the collecting in ever deepening spirals ask about the books worth getting because good reference is essential. Its a great place so enjoy.

Comment

Well, I joined up! Now as soon as I figure out how to upload the pics I'll have things to share - and I really look forward to you "pros" opinions! I already found out the Spange I have is a B.H. Mayer without veins. And we're off!

Comment

Welcome

Welcome to the forum from another repeated Pete. Look forward to seeing your Dads "bring backs" in the near future.

Comment

Please post pictures I think we're all anxious to see them.
              Jordan

Comment

peteski 's badges

peteski sent me these to post for him.I did suggest to him that straight on & close up is better.
                Attached Files

Comment

peteski

more
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by rlimike; 12-01-2012, 12:35 PM.

Comment

one more
                    Attached Files

Comment

dkig

a better picture of the obverse.
                      Attached Files

Comment

A good Zimmermann! There's the flaw at 11 O'clock. Looking forward to more detailed pics (reverse) of the WW1 EK1!
                        Tim

Comment

Originally posted by TP Alexander View Post
                          A good Zimmermann! There's the flaw at 11 O'clock. Looking forward to more detailed pics (reverse) of the WW1 EK1!
                          Tim
                          Ditto! Looks interesting.

Comment

here are better pictures of the spange.
                            Attached Files

Comment

the engraving looks good but made after the truce, maybe as remembrance.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X