• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sit back and enjoy.

Tony
    Attached Files

Comment

WOW!!! That IS really beautiful. Be right back, going to check the basement....

Comment

ynot.
        What part of Germany are you from ? Is the building with the cellar from the war ?

Thanks for sharing.
        Peter Wiking

Comment

I'm in Bielefeld which is about 45-60 minutes south of Hannover, the place was built between 1959 and 1961 by my father-in-law and his dad. Most of those that have lived in the appartments here came from the Russian zone after the war. We don't have just one cellar, there are 12.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by ynot
            I'm in Bielefeld which is about 45-60 minutes south of Hannover, the place was built between 1959 and 1961 by my father-in-law and his dad. Most of those that have lived in the appartments here came from the Russian zone after the war. We don't have just one cellar, there are 12.

Tony
            Thanks vnot.
            i find it interesting that two fine EK2 pops up in a cellar in Germany. Did any in your family back in time work as a award retailer right after the war ?

Cheers and thanks.
            Peter Wiking

Comment

I have been drooling of these crosses for months now! Tony,when you come over make sure you bring these beauties so I can see them in the flesh!!

Dave

Comment

I mentioned in another thread that EKIIs marked 100 were sometimes fake, but Frank, who knows much more than I do, assures me that the reason for this is that the quality of these crosses is so good that for a while some collectors thought they must be fakes, and this has found its way into some reference books. They are in fact perfectly good EKs.

Comment

A very nice 100 There Tony .

I Hope you dont mind me using ur picture to help some others.
                  Whit unmarkt EK´s. Here folks is some to find on ur unmarkt.
                  Mikael
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by meriksson; 08-23-2004, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Hello Peter,

No, none of them were award retailers but my father-in-law's family were very politically correct Germans whereas my mother-in-law's family were the complete opposite. I'm English, so none of my family received the Iron Cross.

Tony

Comment

Hi Tony mate,

Was there any tissue wrap with the crosses?

Dave

Comment

No Dave, they were as pictured but in a cigar box with eagle and swastika paper tax seal.

Comment

Originally posted by ynot
                          No Dave, they were as pictured but in a cigar box with eagle and swastika paper tax seal.
                          Like in this photo taken in Germany shortly after the war ? Thats why i asked if any people around you back in time was award retailers, during the war or after the war

Cheers.
                          Peter Wiking

Photo belongs to Dave Kane.
                          Attached Files

Comment

That's amazing.

The box is the same size but a different brand.

Decoro cigars, 50 in a box and priced at 15 Rpf. each.

Tony

Comment

Aghhh! I want to be at that shop!!!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X