Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely mint Iron Cross

Hello,

I'd like some opinions on my never been issued (by the looks of it) EKII.

Any comments are welcome.

Thanks

Tony
    Attached Files

Close up.
    Attached Files

Comment

And another close up.
      Attached Files

Comment

Yet another minter by Wachtler & Lange. Does it have any marks on the ring?
        George

Comment

Hello George,

It's marked 100 on the ring.

Tony

Comment

Well, there you go. A W&L.
            George

Comment

Perfect paint and frosting Did someone find a stash of unissued 100's Regards Chris

Comment

Most of the mint EKII crosses I ever seen has been marked 100. Is this manufacturer not said to be one of the rare ones? Does anyone suspect there might have been made very good copies of this maker?<O</O

<O</O

Thanks
                Last edited by alika888; 08-22-2004, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Wainwrigh
                  Perfect paint and frosting Did someone find a stash of unissued 100's Regards Chris
                  A stash of them would be great, but no, that's something I haven't got.

Tony

Comment

Winkler has a few of these mint on his site lately...

Comment

Ynot<O</O

<O</O

I hope you did not feel offended by my question in your thread. I think your cross looks absolutely outstanding. I have considered buying one mint 100 myself, but I feel a bit uncomfortable about that it does not seem so hard to find. I wonder what the reason is? Maybe the quality of the crosses made by this maker is much better?

Comment

Originally posted by alika888
                        Most of the mint EKII crosses I ever seen has been marked 100. Is this manufacturer not said to be one of the rare ones? Does anyone suspect there might have been made very good copies of this maker?<O</O

<O</O

Thanks
                        Its not a copy! Whether there are copies of this maker I do not know.

Tony mate,tell them the history behind this and its twin!!!

Dave

Comment

The white frosting on the frames seems to be characteristic for the 100 cross. Is that paint or what? <O</O

<O</O

Thanks

Comment

Hello alika888,

I'm not at all offended by your question, I actually know nothing (well very little) about 1939 crosses as I'm more a Great War person but the frosting does look a little like paint. I'm not going to start scratching at it though.

I found this in my cellar along with a second one (as Dave mentioned) which was still in the issue packet and although I am 100% sure about them being original, it is always nice to have it confirmed.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by ynot
                              Hello alika888,

I'm not at all offended by your question, I actually know nothing (well very little) about 1939 crosses as I'm more a Great War person but the frosting does look a little like paint. I'm not going to start scratching at it though.

I found this in my cellar along with a second one (as Dave mentioned) which was still in the issue packet and although I am 100% sure about them being original, it is always nice to have it confirmed.

Tony
                              In your cellar ? Can you show the packet of the other one ?

Cheers.
                              Peter Wiking

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X