CEJ Books

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is your favorite from the Iron Cross series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I agree all the issues are worth owning, and minty clean examples have a powerful appeal, still ... still nothing quite gets me like holding an EK1 '14 or '39 that looks like it was worn at great length in combat. Those are the ones I wish could talk. (I can't predict I'd feel the same way about a '39 RK, however, since I've never even seen a real one.)
    Paul in Ohio

Comment

1914 Screwbacks

1914 Screwbacks with out a doubt.

Comment

The 1914 EKs with the 1939 Spange (EK1&2s). For me it highlights the fact that WW2 was a continuation of the Great War to End All Wars.
        pseudo-expert

Comment

For me its imperial.
          I like the vaulted 1914 EK1s. I also like the detail of the 1914 spange
          to the 1870 EK2 and the beauty of the 1871 womans cross.

Comment

I love the Imperial ones, there is nothing more beautiful that a well made 1914 EKI that is vaulted, highly detailed, and has that rich aged silver patina, I love selected 1939s as well though. And while I am at it, I will take the 1870 and 1813, the only one that is out for me is the 1957, no interest at all there
            Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
            All the best,
            Chris

Comment

Hi Guys,
              The 1939 eks are awesome. I have about 20 followed closely by the 1914 series.

Originally posted by EKman
              I love the Imperial ones, there is nothing more beautiful that a well made 1914 EKI that is vaulted, highly detailed, and has that rich aged silver patina, I love selected 1939s as well though. And while I am at it, I will take the 1870 and 1813, the only one that is out for me is the 1957, no interest at all there

Comment

My favorite is the 1914 iron cross series.

Comment

Quality-wise, I do not think any of them can touch 1870. The 1813 was the first and suffered from development issues. By 1870 they had it perfected and the crisp, beutiful crosses are a testament to a bygone age. The 1914 crosses, though some are made very well, are mostly mass-produced pieces. The 1939 have some gems, but I do not think anyone touches the 1870 quality...

Comment

Those are some beautiful crosses, Flak88!

Comment

supremely hard to argue with flak88's
                      striking display!!

i must admit that seeing the red cased 1939 issue with
                      EK1/EK2/RK was pretty impressive...

the envelope, please....

1870!

joe

Comment

I confess to being an 1870 man myself... but in the right light...they all have their merits!

Marshall
                        Attached Files

Comment

I have to say the 1939 because they are from the last world war and there will never be a aggressive war again and if there is, there will be only charcoaled remains of human bodies on a lifeless planet and no more Iron Cross.

Comment

How can you ever beat that?
                            Attached Files
                            B&D PUBLISHING
                            Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

I love the variety. I have some of each 1813,1870,1939,1957. But I really like the variety of the 1914 EK1s.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Which I write further down is that what i think if i regard the topic objectively from a political-phylosophical point of view.
                                As a collector i think a little bit different. Here are the cross of 1813 my favorite and i love the iron crosses of 1939, but now i will show you an other point of view.

If you see the iron cross in his historical context then the cross of 1813 is only which becomes fair the sense of the iron cross as an symbol of bravery without wanting to satisfy the Ego.
                                The war of liberation in 1813 is the only war with no other medal except the iron cross.
                                In all other cases this was not kept. The myth of the war of liberation where a difference between officer and simple soldier dosn't exist was only used to inspire the people for the war.
                                Expecialyy in WW 2. To fight for an ideology stands in absolute contrast to the symbolism and the myth of the Iron cross.

Regards
                                Andreas
                                Last edited by Paratrooper; 06-21-2006, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 9 users online. 0 members and 9 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X