FlandersMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is your favorite from the Iron Cross series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a beautiful 1914 EK2 with the 1939 spange on the ribbon. This is such a nice setup. The 1914 EK's are the most affordable too. I have a 1939 Shinkel and I have to say it is a real sweet piece. It has a look all to its own.

Comment

The nicest EK

Gents......

No, not you........your EK's !!!!!

They are all fantastic......however.......

When I saw Dietrich's Oakleaves Swords and Diamonds, my heart was caught in my throat.

Dietrich...How would you like to pretend to be a "Library", and LOAN me those Diamonds for three weeks. I promise to return them.

Really.

Cheers

Bill

Comment

I prefer the 1914 early war pieces, private purschase with high silver content.

Comment

i love the 39 ek2.i am caught up trying to get as many different makers as i can afford.it is amazing how different each makers cross is.it also helps us identify the unmarked ones and be able to attribute them to who made them.

Comment

It is indeed interesting to study the different EKs and see the differences between the companies who produced them!

As you said john, the salary isn't big enough, but that is at the same time what makes it so fun to finally afford an item!

Comment

This is why I like the 1939 series...a lovely Fritz Zimmermann...

Robert
              Attached Files

Comment

Take your pick!

Comment

I know I've already posted a '39 F. Zimmermann above, and I DO like the '39 crosses in general - a great study, and plenty of variants to blow your mind. But, I'd really have to say the most wonderful EK I've seen was a 1914 EKI with a blued steel core and 900+ silver frame. I was awe-struck by it's beauty. It really was a masterpiece in creativity. And, no, it wasn't for sale or I'd be showing it off here.

Nice presentation above, Marc. Beauties.

Robert

Comment

I like the 1939 versions and especially EK's by maker Otto Schickle.

Regards

Grueni
                    Regards
                    Daniel

Search:
                    !!! all awards with [L/15] mark !!!
                    Otto Schickle
                    All early 57er pieces

Comment

1870 for me!! there well made and just say history!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Y View Post
                        I'm with Jody. Each issue has its own merits. All better than the mass-produced pieces of 1939. The austerity of the 1813, the quality of the 1870, and the variety of the 1914 surpass anything produced by the 3rd Reich.
                        wel hallo ,,the 1870 ek ? ,,,open a thread with pictures in the imperial section please .

i wood like to have a closer look to it.

egards kay

Comment

Originally posted by Doug See View Post
                          I know this isn't an official iron cross, but my all time favorite, hands down, is the 1870/71 Cross for Women (I forget the proper name) awarded by Empress Augusta. Photographs don't really show the beauty and craftsmanship of this piece, but once you see one in person, there's no going back. Prinzen sized, black glass core with chased silver detail, and a silver frame that screams quality. So, I voted for the next best thing--the 1870.
                          i m100 % agree in the 1870 womans cross is the ultimate beauty ek form used .

only 2995 where issued. and never produced or used sinds .

hope those who dont know the ek,, enjoy the picture off the best side off it ( the back side)
                          Last edited by Montgomery Burns; 05-14-2009, 04:24 AM.

Comment

I collect the 1914, 1939, and 1957 versions, and I love all 3. I suppose if I had to choose one favorite, though, it would be 1939. I just love those brightly-polished rhodium arms and frosted silver frames!

Comment

hard to go past the quality of the 1870 version

Comment

Originally posted by john mcconkey View Post
                                i love the 39 ek2.i am caught up trying to get as many different makers as i can afford.it is amazing how different each makers cross is.it also helps us identify the unmarked ones and be able to attribute them to who made them.
                                Hi guys. New here! lol I was encouraged to ask ask ask so here it goes:

Can you or anyone explain this? DIfferent makers looking different. Weren't they regulated in the creation? I know it's hard to make everyone 100% identical but figured I would ask. Also HOW does one tell the differences. Can someone share what exactly you look at or for with these pics? Even the cheapest knock off EK I have seen posted here looks 100% legit to my untrained eyes lol. Also how can you tell if they are 3 peice or solid cast? If there is a link that covers this, my apologies. Just figured this might be a good place to ask people! Thanks

Ryan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X