Oskar Dirlewanger's Ritterkreuz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sepp45 View Post

Here's Dirlewanger with the Spanish Cross, the DKiG, the RK, and the CCC in Gold. He was a cruel criminal and a sick person, but the man was wounded 12 times and was decorated for bravery.

Like I said before, a very estrange case.

Oh, there are sick persons who have become presidents in very big countries!

Comment

Another grouping of historical importance, would be of a "Dirlewanger's clone": SS Obergruppenfuhrer Erich von dem Bach-Zelewski. He commited the same or worse crimes at Warsaw.

And he never faced trial.

He died in 1972.

Regards,
      Sepp.
      Of course he faced trial!!! Why shouldn´t he have?
      But perhaps things weren´t that easy to judge, that we perhaps think today.
      Perhaps he wasn´t a war criminal? Fighting partisans doesn´t automatically make you a criminal!

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
        Perhaps he wasn´t a war criminal? Fighting partisans doesn´t automatically make you a criminal!
        I don't think all of the dead during the crushing of the Warsaw Uprising were partisans...

His troops killed a large number of civilians during that fighting in 1944.

Comment

His troops killed a large number of civilians during that fighting in 1944.
          agree i have read last month a article abaut and 200 000! civilian are killed in Warsaw by German army and "only" 16 000 partisans. shocking if you ask me and that only in two months.......

Comment

I´m not arguing here, but why shouldn´t he have been facing a trial, if that was known or do you guys know something, that nobody else knows? Why should he have been spared?

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
              With no joke please !

Polish authorities had enough material about Bach "achievements" in Poland. If you add for this his "duty" in Russia would be more than court need, enough for death sentence. His post war fate (same case as Reinefarth) was VERY lucky considering his responsibility.

Dirlewanger ? So much crimes and murdering, his final fate could not be different.

Comment

Just a simple search in google:

Bach-Zelewski went into hiding and tried to leave the country. However, US military police arrested him on 1 August 1945. In exchange for his testimony against his former superiors at the Nuremberg Trials, Bach-Zelewski never faced trial for any war crimes. Similarly, he never faced extradition to Poland or to the USSR. He left prison in 1949.

Comment

Originally posted by Ohlau View Post
                  With no joke please !

Polish authorities had enough material about Bach "achievements" in Poland. If you add for this his "duty" in Russia would be more than court need, enough for death sentence. His post war fate (same case as Reinefarth) was VERY lucky considering his responsibility.

Dirlewanger ? So much crimes and murdering, his final fate could not be different.

Oh, I wasn´t joking! I´m just surprised that he wasn´t prosecuted, if there was so much ecidence!

Comment

Just a simple search in google:

What would I do without you, my friend?

Still very strange to me.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X