Genuine L/12 Oaks at auction house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Genuine L/12 Oaks at auction house

The IMHO only genuine "L/12 900" Oakleaves are up for auction in Germany. This is the set from Adolf Dickfeld and this one could be proven fairly solid as being worn during the war by an awardee.
    It is astonishing how many "variations of "L/12" Oakleaves and Swords were and are around: "L 12", "800 L 12", "800 L/12". Niemann showed four (!) differemt ones in his price guide - but he missed the real one!
    Attached Files
    B&D PUBLISHING
    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Do you have any thoughts as to the reason they used a different grade of silver for the oaks than they used for their Kc?

Comment

Not really, other than the "900" is a kind of traditional gem grade in Germany (but so is "800", too).
      But it is interesting that the Godet made (official) oakl;eaves and the (so far) only genuine Juncker are both stamped "900" (and not "800" or "835"). But it might not mean anything at all and I am not aware of any prescribed silver content.

Dietrich
      B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Excellent

Hallo Dietrich,

Great thread and follow-up to your article.

I think you would agree that up until your research, Junker "Oaks" were not really valued as much as the Godet "Oaks". As you wrote in your article, given the short period in which Junker could have produced the "Oaks" and the restrictions put in place by the LDO, are the Junker Oaks now more desriable and rarer than the Godet "Oaks"?

Thank you,

MIKE

Comment

I don't think they will reach the level of the Godets. The important thing, however, is the proof that there were some at least and that they are "L/12 900" (and not all the other variations). Price is always something between seller and buyer.
          This set at thecauction ranges in thevsame area as a Godet set IMHO - the provenance is impeccable!

Dietrich
          B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Oaks

Hallo Dietrich,

Thank you for your response.

I would tend to agree with you that they will most likely never reach the same "level" as Godet Oak's however, you would think that a nice Junker RK with an attached set of Junker Oaks (L/12 to L/12) would be quite the set and complete a very advanced Junker RK collection!

Will keep my eye out for any "L/12 900" Junker Oaks.

MIKE

Comment

Hi Mike,

there are out there! Here are some pictures I got several weeks ago!

Dietrich
              Attached Files
              B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Those I would love!

Bob Hritz
                In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Any better shot of the L/12 mark Dietrich?
                  Best regards,
                  Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

This is the best I have right now.
                    Attached Files
                    B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Thank you.
                      Best regards,
                      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Mint

Dietrich,

Wow. I'm with Bob, would love to have that specimen with my mint L/12 Junker RK. I am of the opinion that Junker had a much better finish than Godet.

Mike

Comment

In the 3 volume set "Die Eichenlaubträger " (featuring, almost solely, color photos of Oakleaves recipients), there is a great photo of Joachim Müncheberg clearly wearing a set of Juncker Oakleaves. To me, these should rank right up there with Godet pieces.

Comment

Oaks

Gents,

The Junker L/12 900 Oaks are either real or not: to me it is quite that simple. If they are real, they should command a much higher price than the Godet pieces based on their rarity. Based on what we have learned recently form Dietrich, it seems to me that they are without question real. Would anyone like to challenge my conclusion?

Mike

Comment

I hope the next big discovery will be a genuine set of L/16 marked oakleaves.

Rich
                              Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
                              Decorations of Germany

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X