Couple nice Junckers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple nice Junckers!

Hi all. Just got 2 new Juncker crosses and wanted to share with you all. I really like both crosses! Both are unmarked, one is cased. Interesting note about the first one I will show, there is a little nub on the top of the arm, dead center. Looks like the frame might have been originally for a EKII and had the lug filed down so it could be used as a EKI? I didn't notice it in the original pic but saw it right away in hand.
    Attached Files

Tried to zoom in on the nub in one pic. Full frontal for the next!
    Attached Files

Comment

And finally, the rear!
      Attached Files

Comment

Next up is the first of it's kind for me. I've been after a "JWFS" or Juncker Wide Frame Schinkel for some time, ever since Trev had his research posted here and in the Imperial section about the connection and evolution of this cross. I'm very stoked about this one, I just love it.

Possibly my favorite cross and certainly my favorite TR era cross.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello there!
          You really got two wonderful crosses, congratz
          I like the brass cored cross very much!

Best,
          Stefano

Comment

Indeed two lovely crosses, well done

Nick

Comment

Beautiful Junckers!

Comment

congrats, they are very nice.

a question, the last one looks to have a brass core as usual but in the 3 'o clock arm looks a different material where the paint is gone.

Comment

Thank you all for your kind words! Very much appreciated and glad you all like them.

Originally posted by fabri-online View Post
                  congrats, they are very nice.

a question, the last one looks to have a brass core as usual but in the 3 'o clock arm looks a different material where the paint is gone.

Fabri, I noticed this as well. I'm off to work so I don't have much time right now, I can reply better tonight. That being said, I noticed it as well and chalked it up to the core being plated?

Do you have a theory? I can say it's non mag, as all JWFS are!

Ryan

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks that the first cross has been taken apart at some time?
                    It seems to have a really bad fitting of the 2 frame halves?
                    It is pretty easy to see when looking at the back of the cross.

/flemming

Sorry, slow loading of pictures, so must be the 2nd cross I am referring to...sorry.

Comment

I have marked a few areas where I think there are something strange on the cross.

/Flemming
                      Attached Files

Comment

Flemming, thanks for posting. I'm at work (on lunch) so I don't have the cross in hand. I will check when I get home though. I just bought it from a fellow collector here, but it wasn't noticable in the thread when I first saw it.

Ryan

Comment

You are right Flemming but it 's not strange for a Juncker cross, sometimes in those areas they don't close perfectly, especially with the factory (heavy)vaulted.

Comment

Originally posted by Wik View Post
                            I can say it's non mag, as all JWFS are!

Ryan
                            Nice crosses indeed Ryan.
                            But there may be some JWFS ek1 with a magnetic core as well, just found an ek2 with this frame and a magnetic core.

Best regards,
                            Ben

Comment

Great crosses Ryan, congrats.

Originally posted by fabri-online View Post
                              it 's not strange for a Juncker cross, sometimes in those areas they don't close perfectly.
                              Agree

Originally posted by ben bijker View Post
                              just found an ek2 with this frame and a magnetic core.

(I knew this already but still, that is the appropriate reaction)
                              Best regards,
                              Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X