Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
    With YOU I will not argue, my friend!
    Ludwig,

why did you think it was fake?

Comment

Originally posted by Rik View Post
      Ludwig,

why did you think it was fake?
      Perhaps it´s just the pictures, but it looks to me as it has poor details, not made of silver (some of the photos) even if silver marked, but I´m not God. I can make a mistake. In fact I do now and then! It looks like I just did one, because if Dietrich Maerz says it´s OK, I´m sure it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
        Perhaps it´s just the pictures, but it looks to me as it has poor details, not made of silver (some of the photos) even if silver marked, but I´m not God. I can make a mistake. In fact I do now and then! It looks like I just did one, because if Dietrich Maerz says it´s OK, I´m sure it is.
        Hey Ludwig just wanted to know the pointers you were looking at. You probably know much more about these crosses than me, and I just asked it out of interest / learning point.

Comment

Looks fine to me and like mine that came directly from the 3rd Div. veteran from Schloss Klessheim.

Comment

Here are two of the flaws.

Dietrich
            Attached Files
            B&D PUBLISHING
            Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

It is a fine original no question, the speckled patina is very very typical of original RK KVKs, very hard if not impossible to reproduce.

The 'white paint' you mention is a matt white finish over the silver to give it a frosted appearance then when the edges are polished up the contrast is greater- you will see this on KVK1s by Deschler also as well as many other manufacturers. Also the coating prevents the pure silver from tarnishing.

Comment

RK des KvK

Hello,
                What you are seeing is a frosting that is applied to the cross and not silver paint. It makes the cross look better and the details stand out more. It is kinda like the inner frame of an Iron Cross.

The example without swords has it too.

Regards,
                Jody
                Attached Files

Comment

But I must say, that it looks more like paint than frosting.

Comment

Looks like silver-white paint but it seems to be typical frosting on Rk kvk.

Here´s picture of my cross...a Zimmermann but with white colour/frosting.

/peter
                    Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X