Oakleaves with swords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oakleaves with swords

May I ask for your opinions on these oakleaves with swords L/50.

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bugibbian; 07-19-2004, 12:53 PM.

Back
    Attached Files

Comment

side
      Attached Files

Comment

There is thread about it here:
        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ghlight=silber

Cheers.
        Peter Wiking

Comment

Thanks for the link Peter. I did see that thread and they are different. This one looks very close to the ones I checked in my reference books one of them being Gordon's book on page 121. Maybe I am wrong!

Originally posted by Peter Wiking
          There is thread about it here:
          http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ghlight=silber

Cheers.
          Peter Wiking
          Last edited by bugibbian; 07-19-2004, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Much better photos and measurements would be needed to make a good judgement.

Bob Hritz
            In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Any particular part photographed? Here is also another photo if it helps

Originally posted by Bob Hritz
              Much better photos and measurements would be needed to make a good judgement.

Bob Hritz
              Attached Files

Comment

I think we need photos/scanns taken dead on from reverse and obverse (large ones). A photo taken from the side would be great to.

Cheers.
                Peter Wiking

Comment

I'll see if I can get hold of better photos, before the item is sold. Curious thing is that everybody is very cautious to comment.

Comment

It is better to remail silent and be thought a fool rather than open the mouth and remove all doubt. I think it is impossible to tell from the photos. It does look good, but so does a copy well cast off an original. It is really difficult to tell without good, close up photos and measurements.

If I were sell so rare and valuable a decoration, I would take the time to provide clear, large photos of every detail and provide all the information required to make the buyer know exactly what he is getting. To make a quick decision, with such poor photographs would not be prudent. I would love to know what price the seller is asking. This can also give a clue. As an old Gypsy once told me' "you can't cheat an honest man". Men are cheated when they are looking for something for less than it's value and are happy to cheat the other partner in the transaction.

Bob Hritz
                    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Agree with Bob.

bugibbian.
                      Look at this set. Its a nice set from maker 21 (Godet) and original.
                      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=59170

Cheers.
                      Peter Wiking

Comment

Thanks Bob, thought my comment would get some reaction ....

Originally posted by Bob Hritz
                        It is better to remail silent and be thought a fool rather than open the mouth and remove all doubt. I think it is impossible to tell from the photos. It does look good, but so does a copy well cast off an original. It is really difficult to tell without good, close up photos and measurements.

If I were sell so rare and valuable a decoration, I would take the time to provide clear, large photos of every detail and provide all the information required to make the buyer know exactly what he is getting. To make a quick decision, with such poor photographs would not be prudent. I would love to know what price the seller is asking. This can also give a clue. As an old Gypsy once told me' "you can't cheat an honest man". Men are cheated when they are looking for something for less than it's value and are happy to cheat the other partner in the transaction.

Bob Hritz

Comment

I found something very interesting and useful: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=48681

Gordon says that such oakleaves were produced postwar. So in actual fact this could be a post war product.

Comment

Casting evidence??

Dave
                            Attached Files
                            Regards,
                            Dave

Comment

Original L/50 Oaks (and Swords) are uniformly exquisite.

Sorry I cant help much as the images are too poor to make a balanced judgement....as Dave has intimated, look out for evidence casting.

It took me several years to find the set that I currently have in my collection.

Chris

(looking for early K & Q RK)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X