No announcement yet.

Oakleaves with swords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Dave for the information, which has definately help identify copies. Here is another picture that verifies casting evidence better?
    Attached Files

Comment

That photo makes it crystal clear that this is a fake, probably cast of a mold made from an original. There appears to be no attempt at cleaning up the cast marks making this not a very good fake.

Bob Hritz
      In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Thanks all for your help. You have all helped me identify these fakes better. The casting mark gave it all away.

Comment

5th or 6th set already...

I have watched these as well, and asked for additional pics.
          I also thought I saw a casting seam on the oaks.

This item is on ebay, in a private auction.

Seller claims they came from a jewellerstore in Dresden.
          This is at lest the 5th or 6th set he sells, the firts one went for about € 1600.
          But, since they're all private auctions, you can't trace them back in the ratings.
          Apart from that, there's no way you can e-amil the bidders.

It's a good copy thopugh ( as far as you can call it "good") and, since there's no return policy, some people are going to get burned here.....

ben

Comment

As it seems that a great deal of my posts are in the 'negative' when someone asks for an opinion I tried to step gently around this one by asking a question....and at the same time pointing out an obvious hint!

Ofcourse it's a casting!

These things should be like COINS....stamped out with tremendous pressures and producing exquisit detail with the leaves appearing 'stacked'....the swords now are another story but should exhibit a wonderful detail!

Dave
            Regards,
            Dave

Comment

Swords

I agree with all thats been said....but a word of caution...the Swords (that are attached to the Oakleaves) were actually caste...although on the original L/50's there is usually very little evidence of this as it was done so well.

Just a point.

Chris

(looking for early K & Q RK)

Comment

Thank you all for sharing your knowledge and views. It was most informative.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X