Weight of a Knight Cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erich
    If the metal sheet was too thin, would it not even fill in the beading properly?
    Erich
    True. On the other hand if the sheets are way to thick, the force on the tools will be great and a possible crack will open up and let material out, creating flaws. This based on that the same calibration is used (same distance between the frametools).
    This is a theory i have around the flaws.

Cheers.
    Peter Wiking

Comment

Good theory Peter.
      I know what you mean about different thicknesses in sheet size as I deal with it everyday as well (I'm a bender in a steel factory, .4mm over on a piece of "5mm" aluminium turns a 90 degree bend into an 82 degree bend!!!) We set the machine to bend the part at the correct tolerances then run the job. At some stage through the job you will get variations in angle due to different sheet thicknesses so this is a plausible theory.
      It's frightening though to think that these EK/KC manufacturers are stamping frames/cores with tooling that has CRACKS in it!
      To me though that would explain the beading flaws we so often see.

Cheers,
      Brett

Comment

Dr1.
        Thanks alot. Its exactly the same problems i had when i worked with steel sheets that did not hold the correct thickness.
        I know we have people from the coin industry here. Maybee they could share some knowledge and thoughts ?

Cheers.
        Peter Wiking

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X