Original 57 EK1 case and carton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Craig ,

I wouldn't rush into assuming that the 2nd case is a repo, i have some cased 1957 awards and this bears some similarities with them , although like i said i might be wrong !

The only undisputed cased 1957 iron cross i have was an early cross( coke-bottle pin ) married with a late war vacuum case , which i believe happend with early 1957 pieces , the companies used up wartime stock .

Regards

Grant

Comment

Thanks Peter/Grant,

Well I think I will let this one arrive and see how I feel then. The 1st one is a dud without doubt. The original owner of the second EK1 is adamant that this is an original (Deschler & Sohn / Munich) case, can anyone comment on this?

Thanks for the description Peter.

All the best.

Craig.

Comment

Hi all,

my 57 1st. class (later issue ??) came in a plastic box 6.5 cm x 6.5 cm x2 cm it has a white flocked base and a white satin pad to the lid, hopefully a photo to follow.
        Ashley

Comment

I've never seen or heard of a genuine outer carton for a '57 EK ?

Perhaps they existed at some time for a duration.......god only knows ??? But if they did exist I wouldn't imagine the print designation on the carton would be like that of the WW2 cartons, it was probably plain or had the title of the award only.

I'm doubtful they ever did exist though, I've never heard of one for the RK either even in the current 'market' of the today made 'collectors' '57's. They've certainly produced every conceivable packet !

Kind regards,

Marcus

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X