Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original 57 EK1 case and carton?

Hello,

I had this arrive today, now I am not a big 57 collector but I bought this to simply round off my EK collection and because I had never seen a case/carton for a 57 EK1 before. I didn't pay a lot for this and so was willing to take a chance on it being a repro case/carton. Has anyone ever seen these before and secondly if you have do you think the case and carton are reproductions or not?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Craig.
    Attached Files

No .2

No .2
    Attached Files

Comment

No .3

No .3
      Attached Files

Comment

No .4

No .4
        Attached Files

Comment

No .5

No .5
          Attached Files

Comment

No .6

No .6
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello Craig ,

The case and carton are both reproductions and can be bought from Nicholas Morigi in the UK over the internet . The cross is original . The seller of these i have watched for a while and pairs the case and carton with original 57 crosses to increase their value on Ebay .

I noticed that he always rips off the one side of the carton ( which is meant to be a repro of a WW2 carton ) which has the makers name written on it !

I think the seller got a job lot of late issue 1st class iron crosses and knights crosses and sells one on Ebay every other week , once the prices started dropping he paired the 1st class crosses with repro cases and when he struggled to get a decent price for these he has started to add the repro carton .

Regards

Grant

Comment

Thanks Grant, I thought as much. Before I return it, I would appreciate a few more opinions, to confirm this thought.

Thanks,

Craig.

Comment

Here is one source of reproductions (cases):
                  http://www.militaria-uk.com/

Peter Wiking

Comment

Hello Craig ,

Here,s the website address for Nicholas Morigi :

http://www.nicholasmorigi.com/

Go to third reich and then to the iron crosses and see the case and carton.

Regards

Grant

Comment

Hello Grant/Peter,

I did go to the site and look at the items, I just wanted to be sure.

Reproduction EK1 Case:http://www.nicholasmorigi.com/product_images/W5675-1.jpg<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>
                      Reproduction EK1 Carton:http://www.nicholasmorigi.com/product_images/W5852-1.jpg<o></o>

Now out of interest, has anyone seen a reproduction case like the following?

Thanks for everyone's opinions.

Craig.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Craig ,

Yes i have one of those , i think it,s a repro case made in Germany but i ,m not 100% sure ( might be a 57 case ) . So i,m holding onto mine till i,m sure

Regards

Grant

Comment

While Morigi sell reproductions (nothing wrong with that), frauds buy these and sell as original

Here is the dustcover from Morigi:

Cheers.
                          Peter Wiking
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Hmmmmmm, I think this is a repro as well now (2nd case). WOW that's 2 repros I have bought in 1 week, not bad going. The 1st seller has offered a full refund, so 10 out of 10 to him and he has come clean on the case and carton. I will approach the second seller and see what he says.

Now out of interest, does anyone have a cased '57 EK1? (originals only please!)

Thanks for everyone's input.

Rgds,

Craig.

Comment

I have case for my early 1957 EK 1.
                              I have no camera but i will try to describe it:
                              The case is a generic one for EK´s, WB´s, etc...
                              No logo on top. Lid is a bit convex while the bottom is flat. Corners are sharp.
                              The bed for the award is black and the lining in the lid is white.
                              There is no metal hinge and no button. Its hold together with a black paperstrip in the same black peabled "leather" material as the rest of the case.
                              Its glued together with a brown glue, and there is a number in grey under the lining part of the lid.

Size:
                              67mm in square.
                              19mm thick

Cheers.
                              Peter Wiking

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X