RITTERKREUZ KVK without swords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kvk knights cross

you will find there were other makers of the knights cross if the KVK, you will see 900 1,, 935-4 also some marked 20. check out the reference by williamson and charita.! lets see,,deschler of munich,zimmerman of pforzheim, and steinhauer and luck of ludenscheid

Comment

wow.. a really nice and rare one

Scott

Comment

Thanks to all guys, I'm proud of this piece and now happy to know it is definitively a rare original one.

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
        - THE SS TK RING
        - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
        - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
        - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Very nice..
          Ciaooooo

Comment

Originally posted by stukapilot View Post
            This is a must have sign.
            The two being compared are clearly different, especially in the centre. Are they supposed to be from the same maker?

Rich
            Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
            Decorations of Germany

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Gordon View Post
              The two being compared are clearly different, especially in the centre. Are they supposed to be from the same maker?

Rich

Both would appear to be Deschler, Rich. Stukapilots would by the looks be the purported earlier made piece and Antony's the so called later one.

I compared the pebbling of Stuka's to mine and it's a perfect match. His is also consistent with the traits associated with the earlier cross, in my amateur opinion; incidentally, mine is a late cross. It would perhaps be interesting to know the weight of his example.

Stuka, also appears to be correct in that the originals do seem to share this ''flaw'' in the corner of the swas too. Although, it is certainly more difficult to observe - to my mind - on the latter produced cross, as with mine it can only be seen really at an oblique view.

And, as to the whole one or two die and flaw legacy concerning the without swords Deschler examples...???

Regards,

Marcus
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi, Marcus

The weight is 33 g.

Originally posted by Marcus Hatton View Post
                Both would appear to be Deschler, Rich. Stukapilots would by the looks be the purported earlier made piece and Antony's the so called later one.

I compared the pebbling of Stuka's to mine and it's a perfect match. His is also consistent with the traits associated with the earlier cross, in my amateur opinion; incidentally, mine is a late cross. It would perhaps be interesting to know the weight of his example.

Stuka, also appears to be correct in that the originals do seem to share this ''flaw'' in the corner of the swas too. Although, it is certainly more difficult to observe - to my mind - on the latter produced cross, as with mine it can only be seen really at an oblique view.

And, as to the whole one or two die and flaw legacy concerning the without swords Deschler examples...???

Regards,

Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by stukapilot View Post
                  Hi, Marcus

The weight is 33 g.

Thank you, Stukapilot, I think then I have posted a rather misleading response above: if I'm not mistaken this weight is more conducive to a ''later'' production piece. Mine, weighs in at 33.6g; hence, deemed one of the late crosses compared to heavier counterparts of the earlier examples.

Most odd, as I just can't see the latter traits in yours

I think I'd better visit the optician and gain a bit more knowledge on these before posting in the future; I'm sure the more conversed will be able to respond appropriately.

Regards,

Marcus

Comment

Hi Guys,

I have seen another example of Antonio Scapini's type 2 RK KvK at an upcoming auction. I am wondering how scarce these are compared to the type 1 1/900 RK KvKs. Dietrich Maerz has said that he has no problem with these second type 1/900 crosses but has not studied them in depth. Should they be more expensive than the first pattern due to the rarity factor or cheaper due to possibly being later production? All comments welcome,

Cheers,
                    Michael

Comment

Michael - I think they look great an make an excellent addition if collecting these pieces - i've not seen many of them come up - great that Dietrich Maerz has no problem with them

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X