No announcement yet.

EKII from the Tirpitz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fascinating I would love to own anything from the Tirpitz !

Nick

Comment

I couldn't find it but there was a thread dealing with the recovery of these items. It was in the Kreigs forum and it was several years ago. Only about two years ago one of our members had several of the HSF badges for sale on e-stand. He was selling them as a group (five I belive). The orginal thread was facinating.

Chet
      Zinc stinks!

Comment

Are you thinking about this thread: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...Tirpitz&page=4

I posted the link on the previous page here on this thread, but maybe you just missed it?

Comment

Indeed! Thank you so much. Damn good thread.

Chet
          Zinc stinks!

Comment

Wooow, how is it possible after all this time !!
            I'm impressed !

If you sell at least one medal tell me.

Comment

I only have this IC2 and the HSF badge posted in the Kriegsmarine section, and they are keepers for sure - no selling.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Rummaging through the bones of dead sailors, you condone this sort of behavior? I think you need to give your head a shake. I don't care if technically it isn't a war grave, or who has 'rights' of salvage. The facts speak for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by schönbeck View Post
                    it was sunk in a river
                    We are talking about Tirpitz, not graf spee here

Comment

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I find this fascinating. I own a small Tirpitz group, and it is sort of eery to think that the awards in my group came out of the same stock. All were awarded on board the Tirpitz, if I remember correctly.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by VtwinVince View Post
                        Rummaging through the bones of dead sailors, you condone this sort of behavior? I think you need to give your head a shake. I don't care if technically it isn't a war grave, or who has 'rights' of salvage. The facts speak for themselves.
                        Hey im with you on that

I just read through the main thread about the Tirpitz badges and see there are still human remains at the site.

Other poor devils now lie in graves that have been built over with blocks of flats

very disrespectful imo

Spare these sailors some time and thought before crooning over the pretty badges

you wouldnt want this sort of fate for one of your own once proud battleships

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeknives View Post
                          it is sort of eery to think that the awards in my group came out of the same stock. All were awarded on board the Tirpitz, if I remember correctly.
                          It would be interesting to know if your EK2 is marked 66 for Keller.
                          Best regards,
                          Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Unfortunately I can not have the group with me, it is in safe storage. Here is the only (poor) photo I have of the mark.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Very interesting story-I was amazed about how the diver managed to locate the medals in this mess..
                              http://www.bismarck-class.dk/tirpitz...n_and_now.html

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel.S View Post
                                We are talking about Tirpitz, not graf spee here
                                Also not sunk in a river...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X