No announcement yet.

German Cross in Bullion-Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like it . With the white backround , maybe it was ordered special for a white tunic. Funny how all the big wigs have a serious interest. I have also bought original items from people who thought things were just fakes...as many of us do, and have done....when no one really knew, and instead of saying i don't know, they said "its fake" same as the one guy here...If it were mine, and i didn't get a real price for it i would just keep it. Might, or should i say maybe after you sell it for the price of a fake it will show up in the next book on the subject, as it really deserves honorable mention in a book on the subject regardless. Items where there are no others like it for sale all over the place..or seldom seen always intrigue me. I don't think even the authors on the subject will venture a negative comment when credibility of reputation is at stake, as there is still much unknown in the hobby. We all have regrets for stuff we have sold that has been mis -diagnosed, but now i listen to my gut feelings . Thanks for showing this real cool example regardless , as this is the kind of stuff i like to see here .

Comment

There is a reason why I did not include any of these fully cloth or bullion made crosses in my book. The reason is not that I do not think that there might be real ones. The reason is that they were not officially sanctioned and there are no guidelines for manufacture and such. My books are about what is proven to be 'good". They are not books about all kind of things that are out there and might be genuine in the authors unproven opinion. That is the only reason they are not included, because it is not proven either way.

With the regular cloth versions one can at least detect a common method of construction, the use of templates for the swastika and of course (nearly) always the use of the same metal wreath. And what is "good" is based in solid provenance.

It is a fact that nobody here or anywhere else could tell for sure whether this piece or any other in a well made style are good or bad. The only reason dealers could tell that they are bad is if they would know who made them. I think they said "bad" in the sense of "not sellable" - which is equal to "bad" for most dealers. (The opposite is true also .....)

I would think that every piece like this is a unique hand-made to order item - so how would one know? This one here makes a good impression on me, but I certainly do not KNOW. If somebody likes it (what I fully understand), well, that is all that counts in this case.

No official order of the Third Reich, though.
      B&D PUBLISHING
      Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
        There is a reason why I did not include any of these fully cloth or bullion made crosses in my book. The reason is not that I do not think that there might be real ones. The reason is that they were not officially sanctioned and there are no guidelines for manufacture and such. My books are about what is proven to be 'good". They are not books about all kind of things that are out there and might be genuine in the authors unproven opinion. That is the only reason they are not included, because it is not proven either way.

With the regular cloth versions one can at least detect a common method of construction, the use of templates for the swastika and of course (nearly) always the use of the same metal wreath. And what is "good" is based in solid provenance.

It is a fact that nobody here or anywhere else could tell for sure whether this piece or any other in a well made style are good or bad. The only reason dealers could tell that they are bad is if they would know who made them. I think they said "bad" in the sense of "not sellable" - which is equal to "bad" for most dealers. (The opposite is true also .....)

I would think that every piece like this is a unique hand-made to order item - so how would one know? This one here makes a good impression on me, but I certainly do not KNOW. If somebody likes it (what I fully understand), well, that is all that counts in this case.

No official order of the Third Reich, though.
        Well spoken ! Very nice meeting you at SOS !

Mike W

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X