Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Cross in Bullion-Opinions

Attached Files

I have had this German Cross in bullion for a number of years. I have more pictures, but I am having computer probllems in posting them. I could only get this one picture to post.

Opinions please.

Comment

Dkig

IMO, it is not a good one. When I first started collecting I bought one simular to the one shown. Mine was even made of a higher quality, and was for a summer uniform. I was a noobie and believed the story instead of doing my home work. It cost me alot of money, and there was no way to return the item.
      I think yours is bad, Smitty.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I got my computer to work. Here are some more pictures. A careful observation of the silver patch at the bottom will show the date "1941', embroidered on top of the silver wire.

If you believe it is a reproduction, please furnish some facts in support.
                  Gary
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello there,

While it does look like it was manufactured using period materials, what would the need be to make a bullion example?

William Kramer
                    Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Originally posted by all1knew View Post
                      Hello there, While it does look like it was manufactured using period materials, what would the need be to make a bullion example? William Kramer
                      Heck, why not? Why would anyone spend the money for a bullion pilot's badge, etc. when perfectly good, off the shelf pieces were available? Bullion EK's were done too. Why bother? Sometimes someone just wants to stand out in the crowd.

Myself, I like it. Rick C.

Comment

Gary,

You can bring it to Pomona and sell it to me.

Bob Hritz
                        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty View Post
                          IMO, it is not a good one. When I first started collecting I bought one simular to the one shown. Mine was even made of a higher quality, and was for a summer uniform. I was a noobie and believed the story instead of doing my home work. It cost me alot of money, and there was no way to return the item.
                          I think yours is bad, Smitty.
                          Dear Smitty:
                          If your "fake" bullion cross is of a "higher quality" than mine, how much do you want for it? I'd purchase it in a heartbeat. Please post some pictures.
                          Gary

Comment

DKIG in bullion

Gary, I do not have the cross any more. I brought it to the last Pomona show, and showed it to several well known dealers who I buy from. Not one of them said it was an original period made piece. It was almost identical to the one shown. The backing also glowed under the black light. I sold it to a guy who sells repo TR stuff at the shows. If it was real, why didn't anybody say that it was. I will email you the names of the dealers if you want, smitty@san.rr.com. Now, if someone who has written a book on the DKIG's in cloth will say something good about the piece, then I am a fool for selling it. Smitty

Comment

I believe it's quite normal that many dealers would turn this piece down. As mostly i believe they would like textbook pieces which most likely would be easier to sell.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X